“Staying here is a gamble”

Prestige Treasure Cove
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Calgary, Canada
“Staying here is a gamble”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed at the Coast for one night and were pleasantly surprised with our hotel. We decided to stay at the Treasure Cove the next night so we could play in the casino and not have to cab it across town back and I'm pretty sure it's the last time we will stay there for a while. Our room at the treasure cove was $50 more than the coast and the quality was far less. I don't believe they have made ANY updates to the hotel since they first opened it. Everything was just drab and comparable to a hotel you would spend $80 on. Bedding was old, rooms are aged, bathtub sprayed water everywhere, and was dirty. With this being said, however, the front counter staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Christine L
TreasureCoveHotel, Director of Sales at Prestige Treasure Cove, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Christine L,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize that you did not find value in staying at our hotel. Our rates are a bit higher than some of our competitors due to the additional amenities we offer at our hotel such as complimentary continental breakfast & hot waffle bar, pool & waterslide, discounts to our spa, casino, and restaurant. Also we do choose to discount our rates when we are slower so if you book in advance it can be significantly less expensive.

You may be glad to hear that we have recently started updating all our rooms with fresh paint, and wall coverings. We have also replaced all of our bedding with new triple sheeting. If you wish to give our hotel another try please contact me directly and I will make sure you're satisfied with your rate and room!

250-614-9111

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Having already arranged to have my 2 youngest grandchildren for sleepover New Years , we decided to rent a hotel with a pool and spent the night there swimming and buy pizza and watch movies , I was a bit hesitant having the casino so close with young children in my care , and was informed by the young man at front desk , it would be him on shift and if I had any problems please call down to front desk as they take complaints very seriously , and everyone should feel safe so we booked in December 31st , room was very nice and for the most part 100% clean , to be fair to my response online here , my only problem with the room is I found the radio on nightstand was rather dusty (small detail in the big picture) we spent the evening swimming and watching movies and eating junk food, and more swimming and chatting with other guests and staff members and more swimming , some of the staff perhaps were not ALL the most friendliest , but overhaul most did good job with good attitudes , I was concerned because early evening the hallways were a bit loud , but as I was getting my grandchildren ready for bed I noticed it quieting down considerably ,,the front desk also gave us a $5.00 dollar voucher for the casino so after children sleeping , my husband went down to casino was gone less then 15 minutes and game back $200.00 richer gotta love that :):) our early morning breakfast was so good and the children loved how you pushed a button and got pancakes ,and the waffles omg with fruit and whipping cream, 100% we would return . matter of fact my 4 year old grandson returned home next day and informed his parents , he didn't want to live in his house anymore he wanted to move into that hotel , Thank you Treasure Cove staff , and Joe at front desk and the young man working with him that day thank you for answering all my questions and responding accordingly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank 611Lee
Dear 611lee,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It sounds like you had a great getaway. The experience you described is what we try to promote at our hotel a getaway with activities for adults and children alike. I'm glad you found our staff friendly and helpful, we pride ourselves in many long term employees and promote a high standard of customer service. That is too funny that your grandson wants to live in our hotel, we would love to accommodate you and your family any time!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Beautiful hotel, with a comforting aspect. The employees are always super friendly, and very helpful! The rooms are very comforting and relaxing. The Casino is a great way to spend the evening in a wonderful hotel. They have a continental breakfast that was very delightful! TRY THE WAFFLES :) I had a wonderful stay, and would love to stay again if I had the chance!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Jessielynnd,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It sounds like you had a wonderful experience we thank you for all the positive feedback! I'm glad you found our staff helpful and liked the waffles. We look forward to accommodating you again in the future!

Prince Rupert, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We have stayed at Treasure Cove many times over the years but have been disappointed more and more and the main complaint is noise from other guests. The guests are usually in groups with children. When we stayed July 4 was the worst!!! We called the front desk who promptly talked to the loud room next door so they needed up going out. That left the kids to run up and down the halls, knocking on each other's doors unsupervised. Doors opening and closing non stop. They kept knocking continuously when they won't open the door. The adults were dealt with at 10:30 and the kids went on for a few hours. The adults returned at 1:30 am and stayed talking in the hallway wondering if they should bang on doors to make up for who ever ratted them out. My husband had a 4 am wake up call so we had little sleep. I stayed after he left and went to the front desk at 9 am and asked if the next room was checking out or move me. The man was kind and moved us. He asked for my luggage to be packed and they put our luggage in the new room. I should have complained when the kids were disruptive but I didn't expect it to go on so long.

I've always enjoyed the breakfast, the voucher to use in the casino and the ample parking. The staff have always been fine and helpful.

If it wasn't for my husbands employer covering his/our stays then we would stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask to avoid rooms where teams/groups are staying together.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MarniVK
TreasureCoveHotel, Director of Sales at Prestige Treasure Cove, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Hello MarniVK,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize about the noise from other guests you experienced during your last visit. I can appreciate your frustration especially when your husband had to be up early. We typically try to book guests with children on the lower floors and people travelling on business or without kids on the top floor. When booking your reservation you can certainly request to be on the 4th floor which tends to be a lot quieter.

I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast, parking, and find our staff helpful. Your comments are much appreciated and we look forward to having you back and providing a quieter stay for you and your husband,

sales@treasurecovehotel.net
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Clean, well appointed room with all the necessary amenities. Friendly staff. Nice complimentary breakfast. Felt a bit sorry for the very pleasant receptionist who seemed to be dealing with a difficult booking while three people required her attention at the desk. Maybe an extra person at the desk would help?

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kerry S
Hello Kerry S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I'm glad you found our rooms clean and well appointed, and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast!

Thank you for the feedback about providing an extra reception staff. The nature of the hospitality business is that sometimes it can be feast or famine - there are long periods of time when you have no guests to assist or check in and then all the sudden a surge of visitors! We do try to have more than one reception on at all peak times. We are currently experimenting with longer periods of coverage on the weekends and so far its working out really well.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

sales@treasurecovehotel.net
Port Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Enjoyed everything about this hotel. Pool was great for the kids, casino was attached to hotel and complimentary breakfast was good. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Would stay there again. No complaints at all.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
TreasureCoveHotel, Director of Sales at Prestige Treasure Cove, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Hello JacksonMarie,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I'm glad your kids enjoyed the pool, its always a favourite. Often times the kids choose the hotel not the parents! I'm glad enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, the waffles are also a big favourite. Thank you for the compliment of our friendly staff, this is something we pride ourselves on. I will certainly share your kind words with our the staff as they love to hear feedback.

We look forward to accommodating you in the future.

Treasure Cove Hotel
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed here on the last day of a business trip and it was a great note to end the week on. The staff were exceptionally helpful, and the rooms were quite nice. The location seems a bit odd, but I think that's more a product of Prince George's layout than anything else. I also went to the spa, which was great.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hello Claire W,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! Its nice to hear we helped you end your week on a high note. I'm glad you found our staff helpful we pride ourselves on our friendly staff! I'm glad you found the rooms to be nice as well, we are currently repainting all of them. I will pass along your comments to the spa manager they are much appreciated!

We look forward to accommodating again in the future!

Treasure Cove Hotel