“Best in PG, from my experience.”

Prestige Treasure Cove
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I spent two nights here on a business trip. I had a king sized single room on the 4th floor.

At first, I was worried that I might be bothered by the highway noise considering my room faces the highway. Wasn't a problem. The rooms were also well designed so that the washroom separates the bed area from potential noise in the hall. No troubles with noisy patrons from the adjoined casino.

The fitness room was above par for hotels with a number of good cardio machines, a good variety of dumbells, a bench, and a universal machine. Did not use the pool, waterslides, or hot tub, but the area was clean and appeared to be in good order.

Room was well proportioned. Bathroom was clean and well prepared. Fridge came with complimentary water bottles, and the bed was the most comfortable that I've ever had out of every hotel I've ever stayed in.

Location is conveniently right off the highway with good access to everywhere I needed to go.

What separated this visit from any other hotel visits that I've had so far was the service. (I hope I got her name right), but Bonnie (?) at the front desk was very helpful, pleasant, and polite. She also had uncanny name recognition capabilities and did not mind re-magnetizing my key card after I absently messed it up with my phone/tablet. Technology is grand...

I will be back here, and I will try booking my crews here as our first choice from now on.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
TreasureCoveHotel, Director of Sales at Prestige Treasure Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Matthew D,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm glad you found your room quiet, well proportioned and the bed comfortable. Thank you for recognizing that our fitness facility is above par for a hotel. It is definitely in our company values to be healthy and provide these options for our guests.

Thank you for your comments about our friendly and helpful staff. We take pride in our customer service. We know guests can find a bed anywhere but its the service and amenities which set us apart from our competitors.

We look forward to accommodating you again in the near future!

There are newer reviews for Prestige Treasure Cove

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I frequently do business in P.G. and have stayed at the hotel at least once a month. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are always well taken care of. The breakfast staff, especially Jane are friendly and always take time to make you feel at home and welcome. Jerry at the front desk has done us many favors throughout the years and always takes care of our needs even on short notice. The breakfast facility is clean well attended and provides a variety of different foods. The coffee supplier has changed lately and my wife and I find the dark roast quite bitter and not as appealing as the previous brand, otherwise everything else is wonderful.

Room Tip: KIng beds are really comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Chris L,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your comments are very appreciated! You have mentioned two or our most long term staff - it is great to know the positive impact they have on your visits. In regards to our coffee we switched from Starbucks coffee to Spirit Bear Coffee which we felt was more consistent with our brand image. We are an independently owned Northern BC property and so is Spirit Bear. We are also very environmentally conscious and the Spirit Bear product donates 10% of their profits to protect the great bear rainforest in Northern BC. We will take your comments into consideration when renewing our contract! Maybe there is another suitable brand to consider.

Thanks again for your time we look forward to accommodating you again in the near future!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed here during her gymnastics competition and it was GREAT! hot tub was perfect, pool and slide were awesome! Clean and very comfortable rooms, lots of healthy options for breakfast. The staff was AMAZING! Efficient, polite and very helpful. Cant wait for our next stay :-) two thumbs way up

• Stayed: May 2014
TreasureCoveHotel, Director of Sales at Prestige Treasure Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Hello sjrav,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. It sounds like you had a very nice stay at our hotel. We are definitely a favourite for sporting groups and teams because of our amenities such as the pool, waterslide, hot tub, and complimentary breakfast. I'm glad you found our staff friendly and helpful. We cannot wait to accommodate you again!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed with my daughter as she moved over to Prince George.
the staff were great - very friendly and very helpful. would recommend staying here.
Breakfast was great and we did dine in quite a bit which was also very good. Plenty of car parking space so very handy.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Hello JohnnyMcL,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad we could help accommodate you during your daughters relocation to Prince George. I know she will love living in our city! I'm glad you found our staff very friendly and very helpful, we take great pride in our customer service and this is the exact feedback we like to hear!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay. Most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. Breakfast was delicious. However, we didn't find the mini fridge til a couple of hours before checkout. It is well hidden. Also we expected terry robes as the website indicates are in every room. When I called the desk clerk said they were only supplied in the king rooms and suites and that the website had a few hiccups. Well I say get on it.... then the guest will not feel mislead. We opted for the Stay & Play package which included 2 - $25. chips, however, again the advertising is somewhat misleading. Although you get small savings coupons for the Spa, dinner and the casino you actually pay the same price as you would if you just got the room and then spent the $50. in the casino on your own. Nothing really special about this package or any real savings. The real savings grace was the good nite sleep I got and how refreshed and awake I felt at 5 am. After breakfast we went in the pool and hot tub which were fun and hot. Would I stay again...probably not

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pam J
TreasureCoveHotel, Director of Sales at Prestige Treasure Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Hello Pam J,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I've glad you had a good sleep in our bed and found our breakfast delicious. Thank you for alerting us to the error on our website - it does say the robes are available in each room. We do offer them to all guests but do not stock them in our deluxe 2 queen bed rooms. We will have the website updated to clarify this.

I'm sorry you did not find value in our "stay & play package" please allow me to explain. Our standard room rate can be up to $174.99 in peak season - our stay & play package is offered year round at the rate of $189. With $50 in casino chips this would equate to a $139 room rate. If you have a preferred corporate rate, or are in under a promotional rate the stay and play package may not be for you however for the majority of our guests who are using the casino it does come at a great value.

It sounds like you had an enjoyable stay other than the two issues I've addressed. I do hope you return again. If you have any additional questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two days. Furniture was in good condition. We had two queen beds. One bed was too soft and saggy for me, while the other was too firm for my friend. The next night we switched beds, so we got a good sleep that night. Room was very clean. Clean sheets, lots of towels, no dust, BUT there was an unpleasant "poopy" smell in the bathroom. Couldn't see anything on the floor or toilet, so perhaps smell was coming from the drains? Tv screen seemed a bit blurry. Definitely NOT HD. Nice & quiet at night. Pool with water slide and hot tub was fantastic, kids had fun. Breakfast was wonderful - pancakes, waffles, yoghurt, coffee, tea, fruit, lots of breads/bagels, hard-boiled eggs. Front desk clerk was super helpful, cheerful. She fixed the remote controller that wasn't working when we first arrived. We will certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: if poopy smell from bathroom, ask to get a maid to pour some bleach down the drain of the bathtub.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Hello Brian G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad you found your room very clean despite an odour, I will have our maintenance staff check that room. We do bi-yearly drain maintenance and I think it may be that time again! I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and found our staff friendly and helpful, we take great pride in our friendly staff!

We look forward to accommodating you in the future, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Arrived late at night, interacted with many staff during our four day visit, without exception, staff were friendly and accommodating. The best free continental breakfast I have encountered-fresh food, crepes and made to order pancakes! Made a difficult visit a real enjoyment.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Hello JohnZirnhelt,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad you found our staff friendly and helpful. I have put your comments in our staff room to let them know how great of a job they are doing! Thank you for your comments about our breakfast. It is one of the best amenities we can offer our guests so it is great to know it is appreciated. I'm glad we could make your visit enjoyable and we look forward to accommodating you again in the future!