“Okay”

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Saskatoon, Canada
“Okay”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Was in Prince George for a family wedding and stayed at this hotel with other family members. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The fitness center was equipped with modern equipment and air conditioned. Only one dining place on site and was closed for part of my stay.

The free breakfast buffet was ok but no options for lactose intolerant people. The air conditioning unit was loud when engaged.. (Sounding like an airliner taking off)

For a smoke free hotel it was a little "tacky" to see employees (in uniform) sneaking a smoke in the view of patrons. Also groundskeepers watered the compound but also over sprayed mud from the embankment onto my vehicle. Was quite the awakening to have your vehicle covered in mud!!!!

All and all a nice place to stay the rates were comparative would I stay again? Sure why not

• Stayed August 2014
Nigel R, Director of Sales at Prestige Treasure Cove, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Hello littlesweetdee,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad you found our rooms clean and comfortable and our fitness centre well equipped.

We actually have two places for dining on-site one is the Casino Cafe which is open 9am - 11pm and we also have Hummus brothers open next door which is only daily for lunch and dinner (dinner only on Sundays). I know Hummus brothers was closed recently for unscheduled maintenance so I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We do have a designated smoking area behind our hotel with picnic tables and cigarette receptacles which all staff who smoke are required to smoke in. I'm not sure if you witnessed the employee outside of the area but we will look into this. I will bring your concerns about the mud which was sprayed on your vehicle to the Casino management staff. We are separately owned and managed from the Casino so apologize on their behalf and will definitely be following up with them!

Thank you for your business and feedback and I hope you will consider staying with our hotel again in the future.

250-614-9111

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Murrieta, California, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived to this hotel dead tired after a 14 hour drive and Joe at the front desk Immediately got us into a room two hours early so we could sleep before going to the casino for some Poker. The room and bed was excellent as well.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
TreasureCoveHotel, Director of Sales at Prestige Treasure Cove, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Steven G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad we could be of some relief after a long day of travelling! I'm glad you found the room and bed excellent. We look forward to your next visit!

White Rock, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I looked at a few places prior to settling for treasure cove. The lobby is very clean and spalike(with fruit infused waters).the front end staff (bonnie in particular)found me the best room price and was efficent.the pool and slide was the best i have seen and the rooms were comfortable with lovely duvets and more pillows than you could possibly need.tolitries provided were aveda which was a nice surprise. There was an amazing coffee and tea bar available downstairs and the breakfast buffet(free) was really impressive. My alarm clock went off at at 6:30am...i did not set it...advised the front staff and they immediately provided a free upgrade coupon for next time. Theyalso were next to a casino so they rovided a free$5 slots play...as i travelled with a 7year old so would not have been able to use...joe from front desk entertained my sonwith tv and computer in the lobby while i popped over. Amazing from strart to finish.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear dragonflygirl,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Thank you for mentioning our infused water - this is something we have just started and have been looking for feedback! We try to provide a unique "boutique" hotel experience and know things like this can sometimes set us apart from competitors. I'm glad you found the room comfortable and enjoyed the complimentary coffee and breakfast room! I do apologize for the inconvenience of your alarm going off - we have mentioned this in our housekeeping staff meeting and added it to their check list. We look forward to having you back in the near future!

St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed on 3rd floor king bed.the hotel was full but i didn't hear much noise. pool area is nice and the complimentary breakfast was good.will definatly stay again. there is a casino next door to hotel also.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear mcleana

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad you found the room quiet and our pool area and breakfast enjoyable. Thank you for letting us know you'll be back - we look forward to your next visit!

Terrace
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We love staying at the Treasure Cove while we are in Prince George. We've always had a beautiful clean room and the staff are so friendly and polite. This time we finally had the free breakfast they offer in the mornings , since we usually leave really early. There was absolutely everything a person could want to eat for breakfast along with fresh coffee!

Room Tip: We have stayed on the 3rd floor facing the casino parking lot almost every time we've been there...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Nancy M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We really appreciate the great feedback. I'm glad you found our staff friendly and polite we certainly have a great team here. I'm glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast! We look forward to having you back on your next visit in Prince George.

Fort St. John, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I spent two nights here on a business trip. I had a king sized single room on the 4th floor.

At first, I was worried that I might be bothered by the highway noise considering my room faces the highway. Wasn't a problem. The rooms were also well designed so that the washroom separates the bed area from potential noise in the hall. No troubles with noisy patrons from the adjoined casino.

The fitness room was above par for hotels with a number of good cardio machines, a good variety of dumbells, a bench, and a universal machine. Did not use the pool, waterslides, or hot tub, but the area was clean and appeared to be in good order.

Room was well proportioned. Bathroom was clean and well prepared. Fridge came with complimentary water bottles, and the bed was the most comfortable that I've ever had out of every hotel I've ever stayed in.

Location is conveniently right off the highway with good access to everywhere I needed to go.

What separated this visit from any other hotel visits that I've had so far was the service. (I hope I got her name right), but Bonnie (?) at the front desk was very helpful, pleasant, and polite. She also had uncanny name recognition capabilities and did not mind re-magnetizing my key card after I absently messed it up with my phone/tablet. Technology is grand...

I will be back here, and I will try booking my crews here as our first choice from now on.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
TreasureCoveHotel, Director of Sales at Prestige Treasure Cove, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Matthew D,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm glad you found your room quiet, well proportioned and the bed comfortable. Thank you for recognizing that our fitness facility is above par for a hotel. It is definitely in our company values to be healthy and provide these options for our guests.

Thank you for your comments about our friendly and helpful staff. We take pride in our customer service. We know guests can find a bed anywhere but its the service and amenities which set us apart from our competitors.

We look forward to accommodating you again in the near future!

WilliamsLake B.C.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I frequently do business in P.G. and have stayed at the hotel at least once a month. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are always well taken care of. The breakfast staff, especially Jane are friendly and always take time to make you feel at home and welcome. Jerry at the front desk has done us many favors throughout the years and always takes care of our needs even on short notice. The breakfast facility is clean well attended and provides a variety of different foods. The coffee supplier has changed lately and my wife and I find the dark roast quite bitter and not as appealing as the previous brand, otherwise everything else is wonderful.

Room Tip: KIng beds are really comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Chris L,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your comments are very appreciated! You have mentioned two or our most long term staff - it is great to know the positive impact they have on your visits. In regards to our coffee we switched from Starbucks coffee to Spirit Bear Coffee which we felt was more consistent with our brand image. We are an independently owned Northern BC property and so is Spirit Bear. We are also very environmentally conscious and the Spirit Bear product donates 10% of their profits to protect the great bear rainforest in Northern BC. We will take your comments into consideration when renewing our contract! Maybe there is another suitable brand to consider.

Thanks again for your time we look forward to accommodating you again in the near future!