“Clean but OLD” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Camelot Court Motel

Camelot Court Motel
Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Camelot Court Motel
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Campbell River, Canada
“Clean but OLD”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

We wanted a suite, travelling with a pet, only one available was a smoking room. Desk clerk very helpful. Incident at check in with a person under the influence,(not a guest) handled well by clerk. Room clean but smelly. Moved into non-smoking room beds not as comfortable but we could breathe easier. Restaurant in hotel better service than chain down the street, good food good prices.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jo-di-sue1976

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Terrace, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

We have stayed at this motel quite a few times because it is central and the price is not bad. The girls at the front desk always welcome us with big smiles and try to make our stay as peaceful as possible. Mind you, it is a dated motel and don't try to watch TV AND but on the microwave at the same time or you will blow a breaker. The pool is nice and we find that we have it mostly to ourselves when we go there. The restaurant serves great food and the waitresses are good for a laugh with there quick humor and great combacks. As I said, for the price, it's not bad at all. We had problems with the internet but that could be from our laptop and not their service provider.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back seem to be more quiet.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank travelling-wilbury11
METHVEN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2011

Thanks Penny and Brian for fabulous accommodation and brekkie! The kids loved sleeping upstairs and thought it was like a castle. We will be back! Thanks again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ROBBEYMethven
Prince Rupert, BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2009

It was hard to pick a date because I have stayed at the Camelot Court numerous times over the years - usually for a minimum stay of four or five days, although occaisionally just an overnighter.
When my daughters danced competitively, the Camelot was our home for the week long Prince George Festival of the Arts. The suite suited us perfectly because it gave us separate rooms and an actual tiny kitchen! The rooms are bright, airy and spacious - a must when travelling with two or three teenaged girls (my own plus an extra).
Yes, the rooms are 'outdated' in some ways - but they are clean and comfortable. The office can tend to be a little smokey, but the staff are very friendly. On overnight trips to PG, we forego the suite and just have a room. In that case, we eat at the excellent diner across from the office (the breakfasts are done fantastically!)
My teenagers liked the rooms and the fact that the motel has a swimming pool. Nothing fancy, but certainly your money's worth. One of the most important aspects of staying there is being made to feel welcome...

Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank havevanwillferry
Sunny Shuswap, BC!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2008

This was a last resort for me. I had called 20+ hotels in Prince George as I needed a place to stay at the last minute for work. I will say it was clean. The room was definitely outdated. The kitchenette was tiny, but almost adequate. The tiny fridge was very noisey and kept things cold enough.

The A/C was very noisey and it was a gamble to get cold air as there was no indication as to where the knobs needed to be turned for cold air. Day one I had ambient air. Normally that would be ok, but it warmed up in Prince George. That was after trying to figure out how to get the thing the to work! Day 2 was better. This time I waited until I found the right setting for cold air.

There was hot and cold water. Not always for sure when they would show up together or alone. But at least the bathroom was big enough to barely change your mind.

Don't try to run a plug-in kettle and the little microwave at the same time. It will take a while to cook anything in the microwave.

Weekend stays will be entertaining. All the drunks running around, fighting, yelling, running up and down the balconay access. At least Sundays get quieter, or maybe that was the earplugs??

I finally had enough and could no longer sleep in the bed and moved to the couch. Although more comfortable than the bed, it still sucked.

The rooms get stuffy in a hurry w/o the A/C on. But it's a choice between the lesser of two evils - the rattle and clang of the A/C, or the outside noise with the window open.

This definitely wasn't my first choice of hotel to stay in. I usually stay elsewhere in PG, but there was some major function going on and the regular stops for me were all booked and over-booked.

After trying for 3 days, I managed to find an opening in another hotel and moved.

I highly recommend not staying at this place unless it's your absolute last resort becasue you don't have a car to sleep in and cannot make it to the next town.

I will be send a message to my co-workers that frequent PG as I do to avoid this place.

I travel around the world for work and have stayed in some low-rent places, but for the price, this still wasn't worth it.

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank technical_roadie

Travellers are raving about these Prince George hotels

taklalake
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2007

I stayed here with my little girl and my husband. we stay at this hotel every trip to Prince George because they have great rates and there rooms are nice and you get alot of privacy.. You dont have much complaints if your a little noisy my baby cried alot that night we were there and no one said anything.. was nice. very nice people too..

• Liked — that i could bring my dog and my baby with me..
  • Disliked — the small tv's
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank babybrat000999888
New Hazelton, BC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2005

Location & Staff was okay. However, I think the bed was ready for retirement.

2 Thank BusyBee70