“Missing belongings”

Super 8 Prince George
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Very nice hotel & great for kids. The front desk reception were very friendly & helpful. But beware of your belongings and make sure you check your bags before leaving. I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and found out when I got home a few little items, including my husbands moccasins were missing, completely gone from our bags. They cost no less than $150 and were used, but also a birthday gift. After calling & leaving a message with the manager about the items missing, I received no call in return. Very unfortunate the nice hotel has a thief among the staff. Otherwise it's a great place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Esthers M, Manager at Super 8 Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

First of all, we thank you for staying with us. We are sorry to hear about your experience; however, we want to make couple of comments about it in response. We have contacted you very next day and our housekeeping manager and the front desk supervisor contacted you when they received a complaint from you. We have done investigation, and interviewed two staff who cleaned your room. We have also searched the entire hotel for your items. We could not find any evidence of wrong-doing of our staff. We believe in honesty and integrity. Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Prince George

Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is a nice, older motel. Lots to see and do for kids with pools, and waterslides in the atriums within the motel. But, this place could use some renos and updating. Also, the staff could use a bit more customer service training. Overall, I would say, stay here if you're not looking for something NEW and fancy.

• Stayed: August 2013

We are currently undergoing renovation. Thank you for your review, and we will do better next time.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Esther's Inn is the hotel we use whenever we stay in Prince George. The hotel is older but well maintained, and we've always had a good experience there. The staff are personably and friendly, the service good and consistent, and the family friendly atmosphere is a godsend. When I say it's 'average' I mean that the venue itself is not particularly spectacular, but it is <i>comfortable</i> and for us, that's far more important than bling or luxury.
We've always appreciated our overnights at Esther's Inn, and we will continue to stay there anytime Prince George is on our itinerary.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review! We will be happy to serve you again.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

This hotel was my reason for visiting Price George and I was not disappointed. As a child, my family would stay here on our way through PG to Kitimat every summer. It holds very special memories of good times with my family. I wanted to come back and try to revisit this experience. I found it to be everything I remembered. My room had been recently renovated and was extremely clean, but the tropical decor in the main areas looked almost just like it did 25 years ago. There are palm trees and tropical flowers growing everywhere and there is a little stream running through the commons with bridges to walk over. I was instantly taken back to those summer vacations. When I was little I wanted to grow up to own Esther's and live there everyday lol. I admit I still wouldn't mind that. The hotel has a swimming pool, 2 jacuzzis, a kids pool and a waterside annex. It also has a great restaurant and bar(with a great lady serving who told me she has been there for 14 years) as well as banquet and business facilities. Every room is poolside which is nice for the kiddies to easily get to the fun stuff. The prices are very reasonable. i had a king room for $110. I know this is probably the cheesiest review on all of Trip Advisor but I wanted to share my experience. I obviously recommend this hotel and will definitely return.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Esthers M, Manager at Super 8 Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you very much for your great review! We will keeping working hard to provide nice experience and services to our guests. Our staff and management really appreciate your comment.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wife and thoroughly enjoyed our 2 days at Esther's. we had the Sunday brunch and left completely satisfied. The food was great and the selection unbelievable. It was a wonderful experience and we will be returning.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We appreciate it.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

This is a tough review for me to write as I always try and look on the positive side. I know the hotel would be old and tired but we were staying here for the kids. At the same time we were at the hotel there was a soccer team from Surrey BC Canada staying. They blocked and run around the halls. Knocked on our door when they walked past, pulled the fire alarm one night and the bell rang for over 30 min. We watched them throw a plastic water bottle that was filled with what appeared to be urine at a small swimming pool. A dad and two small children got out of the pool and went back to there room.

Now for the rooms. The positive to everything was the rooms were clean, very old but clean.

The air quality in our room was horrible and I mean horrible. Very little air movement at all. I will try and post a picture of the bathroom and air vents later. The room was hot with very little cool air being exchanged.

The only positive for the kids were the water slides. They loved the water slides and they are first rate. The group of kids that caused the trouble I mentioned above were also at the slide but the young lady that was watching the slides kicked them out. Good for her she should be promoted to management as she seems to be the only one on staff that cares about the general experience of their customers.

As mentioned, very hard review for me to write but you needed to know.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Al M

Thank you for your comment. We remember those days, and the management & staff will handle the situation better next time. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is a great hotel for families and I have been coming here for years! Parking area is lovely and is secure. Hotel feels very safe.

Positives: The main attractions for kids/teens are the pools, hot tub and the waterslides. Check to make sure the water slides are open when you will be staying, as we came once and they were closed. Also, inside the hotel is all open with many trees, shrubs, flowers, natural light, bridges, patches, pools, etc., everywhere so very nice for adults or kids to explore or sit and read a book. Much nicer than sitting inside a bland hotel room. All the rooms open up to this lovely area...reminds me of a jungle.

Negatives: Hotel is getting dated and it is starting to show. I believe they are updating, but the hotel just isn't as 'posh' as I remember from when I was a kid. Also, the restaurant is a little expensive, especially when feeding a family.

Overall: Go for the fun the kids will have playing in the pools, water slides.

Room Tip: You can request a room by the large pool area if you want to be close to that but keep in mind it is...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Esthers M, Manager at Super 8 Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback. It helps us a lot to make positive changes to the hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed staying @ Esther's Inn. Thank you. See you soon!