“I am sure this place was nice when it was built...a long time ago”

Super 8 Prince George
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was looking for a place to stay in Prince George and did not have a reservation. When I walked in the lobby looked out of the 60s and since I had seen some not great reviews on trip advisor I went to check out the lay of the pool etc before I made any judgements. The rooms are set up motel style with a jungle pool atmosphere(small pool, plastic plants, hot and steamy and permeating smell of chlorine everywhere. I could not imagine staying in a room where the pool smell seeps in and it would be noisy constantly. I did not see the waterslides so asked at the desk... you have to go into the bowels of the hotel and it appears to have been set up as an afterthought in this murky basement type area. Based on how old this place was I did not feel the waterslides would be a safe choice.. The shocker was what they were asking pricewise...it was as much as much nicer places in town.. take my advice- stay at Treasure Cove- they have a waterslide and the rooms and pool are much nicer

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dragonflygirl
Esthers M, Manager at Super 8 Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your review of Esther's Inn. We are currently in the process of renovating the rooms and adding amenities to the hotel.

We are very proud of the tropical atmosphere we have to offer as all of our plants are live and real; perhaps you would enjoy walking around the garden in the future and admiring them up close. We have a wide variety of plants and they are labeled by species for your admiration.

There are specific opening hours for the pools and hot tubs in the courtyards to control the noise level. I am sorry to hear that you did not find it quiet enough. We will work to contain the noise level better in the future.

The water-slides are located on the far side of the hotel so as to contain the noise as people do get extremely excited when going down the tallest water-slide in northern BC. The slides are well-maintained through routine inspections all year round; we assure you that we have not had a safety issue with the slides since we have introduced them to the public.

We are sorry to hear that we were unable to meet your expectations this time. We do offer a much larger variety of rooms compared to the Treasure Cove; including single rooms, joining rooms, family suites, kitchen suites, wheelchair-accessible rooms, and much more. We do try to keep our prices competitive while constantly applying promotions through the loyalty card or scratch & win programs.

We will continue to work very hard to raise our quality of service while we go through our renovations and we hope you will come back to truly experience the tropical atmosphere in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This place is affordable, comfortable, and not far from the road. Kids love the tropical vibe. The pool was great. Only major downside is that the place hasn't changed a bit in the last 20 years. Seriously guys, maybe consider some renovations.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of Esther's Inn David. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the pools and the tropical atmosphere. We are currently in the process of renovating the rooms and adding amenities to the hotel. We thank you for your continued support and we hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel was clean and comfortable. The rate was fantastic at $93/night for two queen beds! Our kids LOVED the decor and the pools, which were heated to bathtub temperature! The restaurant had great food and service and our kids loved the great choices on the kids menu. Great stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our pools and hot tubs. We will continue strive towards even better service and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had our ceremony and dinner here and the staff worked theirs tails off to make it a special day the rooms are good for this type of hotel I agree the only bad thing no elevator but thanks to Esther, s staff for doing such a great job ;-) :-) :-) :-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for choosing Esther's Inn for such a special event. We are trilled to hear that we had a wonderful experience with us. We will continue to work hard to make your future stays with us even more memorable.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is an older property a little off the "beaten track" so to speak but it has been well maintained and there has obviously been work done to the property particularly in the rooms as the one that I occupied was very nicely appointed. In the morning at breakfast there had apparently been some staff not show up but the young lady that was on duty by herself did a very admirable job of handling a very busy room on her own. She showed herself to be a very valuable employee for this hotel. A welcome addition to this hotel would be an elevator so if you have a lot of luggage request a ground floor room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Esthers M, Manager at Super 8 Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your review of Esther's Inn 1Bubba. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the helpful staff. We are quite proud of our staffs' ability to provide excellent customer service and we look to continue doing so in the future. We are also in the process of continuingly adding amenities to our hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again on your future travels to Prince George.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Warning... There are NO elevators in this hotel. The hotel is in need of a good Reno too. The price was alright. The water slide was fun, but we changed our second night stay to the newly renovated Ramada for $6 per night more. Much better!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Esthers M, Manager at Super 8 Prince George, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our water-slides and sorry to hear that our current interior decorations are not up to your standards. We are currently in the process of renovating the rooms as well as adding additional amenities to our hotel. For future stays I would recommend requesting a room on the ground floor which have undergone recent renovations.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is my first time writing a review...I have given this hotel chance after chance. I have visited this hotel several times over the last 4 years because my daughter loves the tropical feel and the pools. The first time there was a mix up with the rooms as I had booked a suite (and even called to confirm it a month before) and when we arrived only had a single room booked! This last time we travelled specifically to meet family so the kids could go on the waterslides on a Monday. When I saw on facebook that the summer hours were Tues through Sun I was going to change my reservation to another hotel, but thought I would call first to double check hours. The staff assured me that the waterslides would be open on the Monday because of summer hours. When we went to go on the waterslides we were informed that they were indeed closed on Mondays. How can that level of miscommunication happen??? my daughter was so disappointed. My patience is over and I will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 87Angela800

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience with us. As discussed over the phone, we are sorry to hear that you were misinformed by our staff regarding the water-slide operation hours. The staff in question has been talked to and further training has been implemented to avoid such miscommunications.
I hope you will reconsider your decision in the future about staying with us again. We would welcome the opportunity to show you proper hospitality and the level of service we are really capable of providing.