“OK but well outside town centre”

Four Points by Sheraton Prince George
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Stayed for 1 night only on our fly drive holiday and purely as a convenient stopover hotel from the daily driving,

The rooms are vey nice and the hotel is very clean and modern but it is a few miles outside the city centre - we drove into the centre on a Sunday afternoon and it is absolutely 110% dead on a Sunday - nothing was open. Everything was closed - shops, bars, restaurants, etc.

Stop only for the quality of the hotel and certainly not for the surroundings or local facilities.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank YorkshireTraveller12

Reviewed 12 September 2011

New, clean hotel a little on the outside of town, near the highway. Rooms were large and welcoming. For several days of my stay, I repeatedly saw several staff members outside smoking right at the front entrance. Not only did this create a negative impression, it was also unprofessional. The parking lot was also very full due to the staff parking.
I attempted to use the shuttle sertvice to the airport, but it never showed up, luckily, the front desk was quick to call me a cab. Overall, my stay was okay, aside from the smoking and parking issues.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the parking lot are quieter, the back street/highway can be very noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank christinern
Reviewed 26 August 2011

This location has to have the worst service in the area. I actually think they could win the most unfriendly hotel in the area.

I checked in and this is how it goes. I walk up to the desk, before I could say anything I get "What's your last name". I gave it. I was asked for a credit card and then given my keys. When the young lady gave me my keys she said "Third floor, left off the elevators and don't put those next tontine phone. They will demagnetize.". All of this was done without looking at me. I could have been covered in blood and she would not have known. I could have been using anyone's credit card and she would not have known.

Then to make matters worst, I call from my room for room service. It rang about 20 times and finally I gave up. I called the front desk and then then got the voicemail.

Obviously security is their top priority at this location. I have never seen so much indifference in my life.

I won't be back.

• Stayed: August 2011
5  Thank sjcan8119
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed 1 night in a King Room on our way home from NWT/YT/AK

Really liked this hotel as the rooms were very clean, modern and nicely decorated. Large room that was well laid and good wifi. Good esonable rate if you press them on arrival.

Breakfast in the restaurant was just okay....you could have the buffet or order off the menu...we always order off the menu. If you are there on a Friday night - go to the Saturday AM Farmers Market in downtown and enjoy the food they serve there from bannock, to other items that were tasty.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zingg1
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Room: King, 1 night

Really liked this hotel. We were on a road trip from Vancouver to Prince Rupert and stayed at several hotels on the way. This was the best by far.

Pros:

Very clean
Modern, tasteful decor
Clean, crisp bed linens
Very spacious room with comfy seating area with reclining armchairs
Large and well laid out work area; great if staying for business
Free, reliable wifi
Quiet; no neighbour noise or excessive hallway noise
Exceptionally professional and helpful staff
Pool and spa - very clean with ample supply of clean towels

Cons

Evening menu in the restaurant was limited (not a big issue as lots of other places to eat close by)
The pool is on the small side and can get quite crowded. They, thoughtfully, have an adult only hour between 9pm - 10pm. However, this was not enforced and the pool was therefore crowded with children during this hour. It would be nice if the rule could be enforced so that adults can enjoy the pool with the space for a swim.

This was a really enjoyable overnight stop on our trip due to the quality of this hotel. The staff is exceptional in that they genuinely seem to care about making your stay pleasant; they are very helpful and willing to deal with any issues that arise and take genuine pride in the hotel, its cleanliness and quality it provides. So very refreshing to come across service of this calibre.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2011

wish we had stayed there before! friom the minute we walked in the door we were treated with absolute excellence! super freindly staff, ,they were happy to help with any questions.room and hotel were very clean, beds were comfy, only hotel that we have stayed at that made us feel at home! and welcome! i recommend the four points very highly to anyone stayiong in price george,,, we only has one minor issue was the smoke alarm would beep every hour or so on our last night stay, but it was too late to move our kids to another room, the experience was so good that i wouls atay again in a hearbeat...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2011

New hotel and did not dissapoint. If are passing through Prince George and looking for a hotel on your way to Prince Rupert or Watson Lake you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2011