“Comfortable stay for the business traveler.”

Four Points by Sheraton Prince George
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Calgary, Canada
“Comfortable stay for the business traveler.”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Business and work brought me into Prince George and I stayed at Four Points for 5 nights.

The hotel is situated on Highway 97 (northbound side of the road) and the middle of the highway is separated by concrete barriers. Since I worked north of the city every morning, this was not a concern. Coming back, there is a Ferry Avenue exit off Highway 97 which leads to an underpass that is very useful to get back to the hotel. Otherwise, Victoria and Ford street is useful for coming back. Follow your GPS. As long as you have a vehicle, this hotel is a good option.

The hotel decor has a warm cozy feel. Lobby has leather couches stationed next to a fireplace with a soothing blaze. Staff are friendly and check-in was fast. I booked an executive suite. The separate bedroom had a comfy bed and flat screen tv. The common area had a couch, coffee table, flat screen tv, work desk and dining table. There was also a mini fridge, coffee maker and small sink. No kettle. Room was spotlessly clean and my stay there was enjoyable.

Pool was closed for repairs but I did have a chance to use the fitness centre. Treadmills, bikes, ellipticals along with some free weights and benches were available. The ellipticals I used had the built-in tvs.

Food...the hotel has one dining option: Blackwater Restaurant for both dine-in and in-room service. The dining room felt more like a small breakfast room than a restaurant and a daily breakfast buffet was served. Food is passable and the service is prompt. I had numerous breakfasts and late night desserts brought to my room. No service charges or gratuities that big hotels typically charge. Next door to the hotel is a Vietnamese restaurant and a Chinese Restaurant located another building over. As you walk south beyond the Chinese restaurant, you will also see an inn with a restaurant serving steak and Greek specialties. The hotel is situated within "the bowl area". If you open the phone book most restaurants indicate that delivery is available within the bowl area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have stayed at every hotel in PG, time and again, and The Four Points is the best by far.
The rooms are very clean, spacious, and homey; the beds are amazingly comfortable with crisp clean high-end bedding; the bathrooms are roomy, bright, and spotless; the temperature control system is fabulous; and the friendly service wins by a mile!
I stayed for 2 nights this summer and the very professional, warm, friendly, helpful, long blond-haired (sorry I forgot your name) front desk clerk went out of her way to engage with not only me, but also the other hotel guests.
I am staying at the hotel again next week and I look forward to another very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Canada
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Nice clean and spacious room. comfortable bed and fair sized bathroom. Bummed out that the pool was closed and we went to use the hot tub but it looked like it should have been closed as well as it had flakes of "stuff" floating in it. Was the usual for a Four Points, if we were in Prince George again we might stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Armstrong, Canada
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Okay I arrived at 10ish last night and the front desk girl could have cared less. I was a bother for her. I made my way to the room on the second floor and was happy with it. The tile and grout in the bathroom is spotless. The bed was comfortable. The pool and hot tub area is closed for repairs no date as to when it will be back in service!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Pamela P
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Approaching from the south on Hwy 97, this is an easy hotel to find - look for the Esso station and take the next turn on the right.

The hotel is a modern building with efficient, friendly staff. My room was well up to the standard I expected with the bonus of a comfortable easy chair, something that seems to be missing in many hotels. This was the sort of hotel where I would have been very happy to stay for more than one night.

A mile or so towards the city centre are a large number of shops, including a large grocery store. The single disadvantage of going to the shops is that to find your way back to the hotel you have to take a slightly circuitous U-turn route to cross the carriageway - hardly a nuisance but something to look out for.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
DC
Reviewed 20 September 2013

After an exhausting 15 hour drive from Portland, OR, I arrived at your hotel at 12:30am this morning & was so upset when
your Front Office clerk told me that the room you confirmed for me & my 2 adult sons was not available. I had phoned your hotel
at about 8pm the night before to inform them of my late arrival & was told by the gentleman I spoke with that it was "no problem"

Even if I were not the President two four star hotels, I would find your action of reneging on a confirmed reservation to be totally unacceptable & not deserving of my future business or that of any other traveler.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank MPD1217
Edmonton
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed here for a single night on a business trip. Check in was efficient and friendly. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the included breakfast with my room was actually served in the restaurant (I was expecting a continental breakfast). I was also glad to hear that the pool and hot tub were open until 10 and if we didn't want to go back out the restaurant is open for dinner. I only ate breakfast there though. My only real complaint about the hotel was that it is in a slightly awkward location for access, but that is only minor. Oh, almost forgot that the vending machine was not where it was shown in the guest service directory - I ended up in the lobby in my pajamas trying to satisfy my cola addiction. I would stay again and I preferred this hotel to the Sandman Signature nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business