“First Time Disappointment”

Four Points by Sheraton Prince George
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have stayed at the Sheraton in Prince George many times over the years. Have never had a problem or complaint until my last stay on JUN26 to 28. I had booked a 1 bedroom king suite far in advance and asked for a room away from the parking lot and on the top floor (I value my peace and quiet) and expressed that I was asking for this as I like my quiet.
Upon arrival I was booked into room '320' which is the top floor but found out it was facing the parking lot. I decided to give it a go anyway and hoped it would not be too noisy. Shortly after settling into the room I sat in the living area to watch tv as my hubby wanted to rest so he went to lay down in the bedroom. Not long after I noticed a very irritating noise coming from the floor of the living area and the floor felt as though it was vibrating. The door to our room was making noise from the vibration. I found this to be very disturbing, to the point that I vacated the living area and went to read in the bedroom.
Upon going back into the living area a short while later, I noticed the same irritating vibration and noise, it would periodically come and go. I decided to approach the front desk to inquire as to what was causing this disturbance.
At the front desk I was informed that they new about this problem and maintenance had tried to fix it but were unsuccessful (how great is that, not telling me this ahead of time).The noise I was told was caused by the vending machine that was outside the suite. I was offered to be moved to another suite but they only had a suite with a queen bed or a regular king room. I was not interested in either as I booked the suite to celebrate my birthday with my husband and had my heart set on the king suite.
I was then offered a free breakfast for us both which I took but in no way did it help to make my stay more pleasant.
In fact the constant noise and vibration really put a damper on my stay and ruined my special stay for my birthday.
Upon arriving home I pondered what had taken place and felt that I should email the hotel manager to let them know exactly what had happened and how I felt. I emailed the manager on JUN30 but to date have not received a reply from them. I checked my email to ensure that the email had been sent properly and it had.
I must say that I am very disappointed with how things unfolded.
I related to the manager in my email that I would have appreciated being informed ahead of time about the problem with the noise and vibration in the room as had I known I would not have taken the suite and would have gladly paid extra for a different suite if needed.
All in all I am surprised that the hotel rented out the room when they knew of the problem with the noise and vibration.
I found out later as well that there were no king suites away from the parking lot and that they all face the parking lot (so why didn't they let me know this at the time I booked the suite?).
I did book the suite directly with the hotel in Prince George and not through the general booking center.
I felt that the least they could have done was offer me a free night or a free stay for another time.
Not a great way to treat repeat customers. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: tip for getting a good room. Esure that you ask for a room away from the parking lot and vending/ice...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank smartgirl34

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is clean and fresh. A great place to stay. My room was quiet and clean. Lemon iced water at the front desk was a nice touch as was the all day coffee. Special thanks to Stephanie who checked me in and checked me out with a great smile and was very accommodating.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed two nights in a two bedroom unit, and thought the rates were quite reasonable for a new hotel in this city. But what made our visit was the exceptional service and staff. From the housekeeping and front desk staff, all the way to the restaurant servers and the hotel manager, we were treated to a high level of service, normally reserved for high-end hotels in larger cities.

The suite was great, with two bathrooms and a partial kitchen and separate living room. The food and service at the restaurant was above average, and the server was friendly and fast, despite the fact the place was full most of the time. Would have liked to eat lunch there, but only open for breakfast and dinner.

All in all a great visit - special thanks for the exceptional service from the manager, Aurora.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from highway, and keep your windows closed at night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We specifically asked for a quiet room, and were told and given the west side of the hotel....it was "away from the traffic". The HIGHWAY TIRE NOISE from hot rods and large commercial vehicles was initially loud being a Friday evening and we fully expected it to diminish....but it did NOT diminish and after a noisey night we SERIOUSLY recommend spending your $140 plus taxes elsewhere if you want quiet. It is now 6AM on a Saturday and the TIRE NOISE has woken us up already....There is no value in the room if the main purpose of a hotel room is to rest / sleep and it's impossible! This is not an embellishment.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere if you want any quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harry B
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I was recently in town to assist in a railroad job, and this was close to the highway and various eating places. The staff were very helpful and a nice group. The room was large and well-layed out. Nice big flat screen TV, but the sports channel was all hockey all the time! Great buffet for breakfast and the lady who ran it did a wonderful job. I ate in the dining room several times and was very pleased with my food. I had the best chicken noodle soup I've ever tasted. Will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SuziBinSC
Reviewed 28 May 2014

recently stayed 2 nights in this lovely new hotel in prince george, clean rooms , friendly staff and a relaxing décor just meters from the major highways. only issue was that heating/cooling unit was hard to operate either too hot or too cold and air-conditioner was loud. getting to hotel from north is around an exit and back to highway but from south very easy to find after crossing bridge over the Fraser river. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 686,000
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I picked this hotel because it was pet friendly and was delighted with the decision. The young woman at the front desk couldn't have been more friendly or welcoming. The building is new and the rooms large, clean and comfortable. They charged an extra $10 for the dogs which I felt was very reasonable. The only problem is that there aren't great dog walking spots around the hotel. I will stay here again next time I am in PG.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family