“Could Be Even Better with Breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Prince George

Four Points by Sheraton Prince George
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Prince George
Winthrop, Washington
“Could Be Even Better with Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

The room was very comfortable and well appointed. We were on the ground floor, so heating/cooling worked well. The hotel is located on the main highway, but there wasn't objectionable noise from the highway. We ate dinner at a neighboring café and a very hearty breakfast at the hotel. A complementary continental breakfast would have made the experience even better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Very spacious clean and quiet hotel room. Very comfortable and cozy bed and bedding. Decor is very modern and well maintained.Great service from the hotel front desk staff as well. Will definitely be back on our next trip.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

There was a really long wait to check in at Front Desk. There was only one front desk clerk on staff who had to manage incoming reservations over the phone, as well as incoming guests for check-in, like myself. Lisa certainly tried her best, though, acknowledging that I was there, and confirming that she would help me as soon as she could, all with a smile. After driving a long way, I was OK to wait a little longer for a bit of rest, but I'm not sure others would do the same.

We checked in to our Deluxe King Bed room, finally, and immediately noticed how big the room was! Definitely plenty of room to swing your arms around in the room, as it included a large couch, work desk, mini fridge and bar sink, and lots of storage space in the way of cubbies and baskets acting as the room's drawers.

The room was clean, and the air con was strong and clean-smelling. The bed, too, was clean and very comfortable. Sound from the hallway could be heard in the suite, though, and our room was directly across from the vending/ice machines. Thankfully, it was rarely used during our stay, otherwise it could have made for a noisy experience. Overall, the condition of the room was very good, and made for a welcome bit of rest after a long day of travel.

While I can't say this hotel is as new as the nearby Sandman Signature, given that it was a bit cheaper, I'd recommend this hotel for someone who doesn't need a brand-new hotel experience in order to feel comfortable, and also to folks who prefer a larger-than-average room.

Room Tip: Noise carries into the room from the hallway. Ask for a room away from the vending machines/ice mach...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Owensboro, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. Rooms were very clean and staff were friendly. If there is one bad comment its the walls and ceiling seemed paper thin and if anyone walked above you could hear each footstep. Internet was super fast. Excellent stay and worth the money.

Room Tip: Request the top floor unless you want to hear people walking around above you.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have stayed at the Sheraton in Prince George many times over the years. Have never had a problem or complaint until my last stay on JUN26 to 28. I had booked a 1 bedroom king suite far in advance and asked for a room away from the parking lot and on the top floor (I value my peace and quiet) and expressed that I was asking for this as I like my quiet.
Upon arrival I was booked into room '320' which is the top floor but found out it was facing the parking lot. I decided to give it a go anyway and hoped it would not be too noisy. Shortly after settling into the room I sat in the living area to watch tv as my hubby wanted to rest so he went to lay down in the bedroom. Not long after I noticed a very irritating noise coming from the floor of the living area and the floor felt as though it was vibrating. The door to our room was making noise from the vibration. I found this to be very disturbing, to the point that I vacated the living area and went to read in the bedroom.
Upon going back into the living area a short while later, I noticed the same irritating vibration and noise, it would periodically come and go. I decided to approach the front desk to inquire as to what was causing this disturbance.
At the front desk I was informed that they new about this problem and maintenance had tried to fix it but were unsuccessful (how great is that, not telling me this ahead of time).The noise I was told was caused by the vending machine that was outside the suite. I was offered to be moved to another suite but they only had a suite with a queen bed or a regular king room. I was not interested in either as I booked the suite to celebrate my birthday with my husband and had my heart set on the king suite.
I was then offered a free breakfast for us both which I took but in no way did it help to make my stay more pleasant.
In fact the constant noise and vibration really put a damper on my stay and ruined my special stay for my birthday.
Upon arriving home I pondered what had taken place and felt that I should email the hotel manager to let them know exactly what had happened and how I felt. I emailed the manager on JUN30 but to date have not received a reply from them. I checked my email to ensure that the email had been sent properly and it had.
I must say that I am very disappointed with how things unfolded.
I related to the manager in my email that I would have appreciated being informed ahead of time about the problem with the noise and vibration in the room as had I known I would not have taken the suite and would have gladly paid extra for a different suite if needed.
All in all I am surprised that the hotel rented out the room when they knew of the problem with the noise and vibration.
I found out later as well that there were no king suites away from the parking lot and that they all face the parking lot (so why didn't they let me know this at the time I booked the suite?).
I did book the suite directly with the hotel in Prince George and not through the general booking center.
I felt that the least they could have done was offer me a free night or a free stay for another time.
Not a great way to treat repeat customers. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: tip for getting a good room. Esure that you ask for a room away from the parking lot and vending/ice...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank smartgirl34
Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is clean and fresh. A great place to stay. My room was quiet and clean. Lemon iced water at the front desk was a nice touch as was the all day coffee. Special thanks to Stephanie who checked me in and checked me out with a great smile and was very accommodating.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed two nights in a two bedroom unit, and thought the rates were quite reasonable for a new hotel in this city. But what made our visit was the exceptional service and staff. From the housekeeping and front desk staff, all the way to the restaurant servers and the hotel manager, we were treated to a high level of service, normally reserved for high-end hotels in larger cities.

The suite was great, with two bathrooms and a partial kitchen and separate living room. The food and service at the restaurant was above average, and the server was friendly and fast, despite the fact the place was full most of the time. Would have liked to eat lunch there, but only open for breakfast and dinner.

All in all a great visit - special thanks for the exceptional service from the manager, Aurora.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from highway, and keep your windows closed at night.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family