“Good food for a good prince”
Review of Mr Jake's Steakhouse - CLOSED

Mr Jake's Steakhouse
Price range: US$3 - US$21
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: Prince George's #1 Steakhouse Since 1966.
Description: Prince George's #1 Steakhouse Since 1966.
Calgary, Canada
“Good food for a good prince”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Don't expect some fine dining or extreme class but expect fast quality food at a reasonable price with a quirky style of service. Prob start going here more often now that I discovered it.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Kenzybear

Frenchburg, Kentucky
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We found this place from an ad in the Mile Post magazine. Parking was right out front. The setup was a little different then what I am use to. You place your order and they prepare and cook it right there in front of you. You can go have a seat and the waitress will get your drinks but you can see them cooking your food. The service was good. The waitress had a smile on her face each time she looked your way. The food was good. I had chicken planks, fries and a side salad while my husband had Fish and Chips. I would eat here again.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Tyme4relaxing
Boerne, Texas
“Popular doesn't necessarily mean "great"”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Got the "#3" which is their most popular steak dish (9 oz. steak w/potato, garlic bread, and salad.) Cost was $15.99. When I rec'd the steak, there was fat on three sides and once I trimmed that off, I was left w/about 6 or 7 oz of steak. It was tough and not seasoned (much? at all?) which was disappointing because so many other reviewers seem to really enjoy the steaks they got. Maybe I just got a 'bad' steak or it was an off night.

The server was great. She was personable and hard-working. The prices were moderate (not "cheap" as some indicate). The decor was plain and that was fine with me. I came for the food. Would I recommend this place to a friend? Not based on my experience but maybe I'd advise someone considering eating here to order ANYTHING but the #3 meal. It may be popular, but the 'no-name' steak you get will not be worth the money you pay for it. Just cough up $4 more and get the New York steak. You'll probably be happier.

Oh yeah, if you like beer, the cost for a basic bottle of beer (Bud, Coors Light, Kokanee, etc.) is $4.50. A more premium brew will run you $5.50 a bottle.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Frog4aday
Prince George, Canada
“In business too long to be anything but good”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Good reliable food. This has been around for years, and the set menu is always worth it for a dependable, filling dinner. Close to lots of offices

Visited July 2012
Prince George, Canada
“Try the potato salad!”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Great food. Excellent potato salad - we often order it to go to serve at our own bbq's and it's always a hit!!

Visited June 2012