“Don't go”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Wanted a nice prime rib. I chose rics instead of the keg across the street. Bad move. Reserved a table for two and was seated within 5 minutes. Waited 15 minutes for a water and ordered appies 20 min in. 50 minutes in I was informed there was no prime rib but I could get a ribeye for $10 dollars more. 75 min in they informed me it would be up soon and my meal arrived shortly thereafter. 85 minutes in still apologizing they did not bring my wife's plate. We walked out and had to find another place for her to eat. Appies were great and steak was fair hence the two star rating. They didn't offer my wife even a refill on her water let alone a free drink or whatever while we wasted 1 hour 25 minutes waiting on mediocre busy night. I tried this place a few years ago with the same outcome nothing has changed

1  Thank m25can

Reviewed 10 January 2014

My ribs were burnt, my stuffed potatoe was black and crispy on the outside and the consistancy and temerature of baby food on the inside....Lesson: GO TO THE KEG....THEY ARE WAY BETTER THAN RICS GRILL (who should change their name to $hits Grill.....way more fitting). On a posative note....the waitress returned the first petrified stuffed potatoe and happily brought out another one....doh!!! Our appy of coconut prawns was petty good.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

The bad experience started right at the beginning. We were excited to go out and enjoy an evening of great food and drinks. To made a long review short heres the worst points of the visit. Upon entering we waited several minutes while two waitress had a conversation before walking over to seat us. I am not exaggerating when I say between 5 -7 minutes.
The place was slow and the waitress very uninterested in us being there, and didn't know the menu or maybe she was just hoping she would get us to leave. She couldn't tell us about any of the drinks and actually discouraged me from ordering a couple. This continued when discussing ordering food. She would just look at us. Service in between Martinis was almost none and then it would take forever for her to bring them. This was the case with the couple other tables in our section. Our food was actually really delicious and I loved what I had. The final straw was when I ordered a martini that was described as having a sugared rim and when I tasted it I was very annoyed to taste salt. Even more annoying was have to listen to the waitress and bartender argue over it from about 35-40 ft away. There was quite a big discussion about it and it was only at this point did our waitress start being more civil to us. She brought me a new drink and we were ready to move on to dessert. We wanted cheesecake and SHOCKING but they were out of our first three choices of flavours.
Lastly, while we were there we observed a couple that was waiting to pay. They stood at the front waiting to pay for the longest time....longer then us waiting to get in. I actually felt very bad for them. At one point I got up to go to the washroom and and when I came out they were still there. Next a couple sitting a table close by were sitting with nothing in front of them for a good period of time. The waitress came by their table and presented them with a bill at which point they reminded her they had ordered coffee and dessert. Wow....
My boyfriend and I love getting dressed up and going for dinners and drinks - price is never a issue. This place was not interested in our business or our money-the waitress worked really hard at the payment part to get her tip but that was it. I won't ever be back based on this experience.

SunnyRics, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Wow indeeed! I am extremely surprised and disappointed to hear about your experience at our restaurant. First, thank you very much for writing it to bring this to our attention, and secondly, please accept our apologies for the unacceptable service on that evening.
We want all our guests to expect and enjoy a high level of fantastic food, service and atmosphere. I am happy to hear that the food quality was to your liking, but you obviously did not receive the Ric’s Grill experience during this visit and I apologize for this.

Thank you again for taking the time out of your busy schedule to bring this to my attention. It is important for us to know what we’re doing well, as well as what needs improvement. We will work on fixing the issues so that they will not happen again.

I will contact you privately to learn a few more details.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I was at Ric's Grill in Prince George recently and would like to share my experience - I went for dinner and was taken to my table - it must have been quite some time ( I was engrossed with my Kobo) that Carol Clark noticed that I had not been approached by a server - she politely asked me if I had been served - I said no - she quickly asked if she could get me a drink and that she was get me a server right away -the server finally came to take my order but in the meantime Carol brought me my drink, brought me my dinner and apologized a few times - I was so satisfied with the service (very hard to come by unless you make the first move) I wanted to let someone know thus this Trip Advisor not - she is a keeper - Hey Carol thanks for the complimentary drink - I was pleasantly surprised when I got my bill - working in your industry is very challanging - keep your customers happy

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stay at the Treasure Cove about ever 5 wks for business and because of the convenience I keep trying to eat at Rics but honestly not once have I ever experienced anything but the worst service, slow slow slow and the food is mediocre & very over priced.
The waitress's are ineffective and slow...I have actually had to wait mor ethan an hr for a simple entree and yet my water still isn't refilled.
If you have any choice in the matter do NOT eat here

SunnyRics, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for your valuable feedback. While we have many great guest comments I am deeply concerned with your experiences at our establishment and will message you privately to discuss further so I may better understand and correct as appropriate. thank you, Sunny, Owner.