“Good Gone Bad”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2014

A group of ten of us have boycotted Ric's Grill for many years now. We had a reservation for a group of eight one night which had been confirmed by a party member after it was booked. Friends of the owner came along told him in front of us they didn't have a reservation ... they were given the next table available and we were told our reservation was not available to us for that night. Too bad as it was a great place to eat with great food ...

Wake up! You need to be fair to all!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Booked out a large reception in the upstairs of Ric's grill for THIS MONTH. I booked 6 months in advance and made all the necessary plans/arrangements for this event. I got an email from a friend telling me that Ric's answering machine says they are closed for the summer?! I immediately called and left and message and then email the manager whom I made all the plans with. An hour later I receive a email stating that they didn't have a chance to contact me before he went on EI????? I am beyond upset!!!!! I think they are highly unprofessional at the way the conduct business and all I receive is a "sorry for the inconvenience" at the end of the email!!!! Hope we can find another venu with less than 30 days! I am personally never going back and spreading the word!

2  Thank Djanzen
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Have tried to call them a few times in the last couple days but just voice mail.........anyone know if they are still in business?

SunnyRics, Manager at Ric's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

We will be closed over the summer holidays from June 22 to Sep 1. We look forward to seeing you this fall, thank you, Ric's Grill Prince George

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Ric's used to be one of my favourite restaurants, back in their first few years in PG. In the last few years, I've been disappointed more often than not. But my mom still likes it, so we still go. I've learned to dread the not-so-sweet 80's tunes (I think they've had the same music playing for 3 years and counting). It's not dinner music - it's a weird mix of pop and hard rock playing softly in the background. I ordered the chili sesame ribs, was warned they are spicy / hot but they definitely were much sweeter than spicy. Ric's has a starch problem - you can't get a plain roasted potato, or a nice new potato - everything seems to include cheese and cream from the twice baked (which I've had in the past, and it seems like it's a left-over that is re-heated) to chef's special potato, so I ordered rice (plain, I thought) but it seemed more like a jambalaya starter kit. Not appetizing. I didn't get a finger bowl until I asked, but other than that the service was excellent. My mother didn't enjoy her jambalaya and so the waitress was kind enough to offer a free dessert, so we shared a piece of ginger cake. This too, is not what it used to be. Ginger cake at Ric's used to be an experience. Now, I don't know if I'd bother ordering it. I used to prefer Ric's to the Keg - but now I'd definitely recommend the Keg over Ric's, the only thing I still really appreciate about Ric's is how quiet it is - you can actually have a conversation with your dinner companions without shouting, if you can stop singing along with Foreigner.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The twice baked potato I got looked and tasted like it had been under the heat lamps way too long, however, my husband's was just fine! When I complained, I was told, 'sorry, but it's really busy'. Ok that's an excuse for slow service, but not for the food quality! It's not like it's a new restaurant and they haven't ever experienced a busy day in the past!! I had to ask to get a replacement potato, it wasn't offered to me. I'm afraid I lost it. The rest of the meal was okay, but not worth the money! I don't think I'm expecting too much when I expect that a $40 main course should be top quality....if I wanted mediocre, there's plenty of other places I could go!!