“Eagles, ocean and a little bit of luxury”
Review of Crest Hotel

Crest Hotel
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Prince Rupert
Vancouver, Canada
“Eagles, ocean and a little bit of luxury”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I'm writing this review from my desk in room 201 at the Crest Hotel in Prince Rupert. To my left is an inviting reading chair, a gas fireplace with a flat screen tv atop. To my right is a panoramic view of the Prince Rupert Harbour, a freighter carefully maneuvering about and a bald eagle perched in a tree so close I don't need the complimentary binoculars sitting on the bench seat below the window. I've known about the Crest for years but this is my first time staying and it hasn't disappointed. Quality furnishings and amenities are always on my check list when rating a room and the Aveda products, walk in glass enclosed shower and huge soaker tub all deliver. The king size bed was very comfortable and I could have slept longer but chose to leave my window open to enjoy the early morning view. If you can, upgrade to one of these amazing view rooms. I'm sure the rest of the regular units are nice but the real experience - the room matching the Super, Natural view, is worth the extra.

Room Tip: 201 - (and likely 301) spoil yourself with the amenities and the view!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mmccormi
Scott035, General Manager at Crest Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay at the Crest Hotel and the additional amenities of our suites.

I hope our resident bald eagle did not wake you. He is currently perched in the same tree searching the harbour for his breakfast.

We continue to invest in additional improvements to the hotel and this winter plan to renovate all of our guest rooms with new furnishings, linens and carpets.

We look forward to having you join us again on your next visit to Prince Rupert.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
kitimat
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The rooms in this establishment are nice, the dining was terrable , when staff were informed of a butter alergy and was told it would not contain butter in my wifes order and realized immediatly it did , so we were basicly lied to by staff. The cooks were basicly teenagers and the casino next door served twice the quality at one half the price and cooked by a actual chef

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Northern BC
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I've stayed at the Crest regularly since about 2006, and do not hesitate to recommend it. The rooms and bathrooms are large, the towels are great, there are sufficient (large) pillows and the beds are extremely comfortable. The staff are pleasant and welcoming, and have great memories. My most recent stay was last week, and I really appreciate the welcome, the Aveda bath products, and the comfort & convenience of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Smithers, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Crest in February, and found the facilities on par with any other five star hotel in larger metropolitan areas. The meeting room provided just off the main lobby was the perfect size for our purposes, and the service staff were very unobtrusive in setting up coffee and lunch.
Highly recommended for business meetings, and by the same token it would be just as recommended for vacation.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Nanaimo
Reviewed 20 February 2012

For the second time in a month business travel finds me in Prince Rupert for a few days. The Crest is convenient, comfortable, and has a better than average restaurant. Staff is helpful, beds are comfortable, and the bathrooms have lots of thick, fluffy towels. Add in a location right on the harbour and field glasses provided in your room for checking the shipping arriving and departing, fish boats and, possibly, killer whale sightings and you won't even consider staying anywhere else!

Room Tip: More than half the rooms have a harbour view, be sure to request one.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank brenda002
Vancouver
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed here for 5 days. Before arriving I called ahead to secure a fridge for my room. The hotel employee had trouble figuring out how to secure this to one of the rooms, as my booking was done in a group. When I arrived at the hotel to check in I inquired about the fridge. I was told that it would be in there if they had any available. When I got to my room, I did not have one. I later learned that one of my coworkers had a fridge in his room!! Argh!

The hotel is nice the rooms are nice enough as well. The bathrooms are a little tight, so make sure you have travel size bottles of everything, or you will have trouble finding a surface for your stuff.

The 2 restaurants in the hotel are very nice (they share a menu and kitchen). The food is good, but a little expensive, and the service is slow no matter what time of day. I think they are aiming to be the high end dining location in Prince Rupert.

The exercise room, is adequate (but on the dingy side). The steam room is right in the weight room, so you will find it pretty humid and dank in there until you open a window to let out some of the condensation.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank beccabug
Victoria
Reviewed 18 January 2012

We stayed at the Crest Hotel in Prince Rupert while travelling with our 6 yr old and our dog Gunner. The hotel is probably one of the best places to stay in town. Our room overlooked the water, and had a lovely bay window with a seat and binnoculars, which delighted our little one for hours. The room had two queen beds and a spacious bathroom with rain shower. It was also very quiet. The staff were very friendly and the dinning room was excellent. While the prices were a bit more than we usually pay, it was all worth it! If you can't afford to stay here then you should at least have breakfast here! Sitting in the dinning room with giant glass windows while watching the sun come up over the water will really take your breath away!

Room Tip: Take a room overlooking the water. If you are travelling with a dog they usually put you on the firs...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family