“Spectacular View”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Prince Rupert
Fort Erie, Ontario
“Spectacular View”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Nice room with a spectacular view from the bay window. It costs a bit more for this, but it's worth it. This upper scale hotel is well located to everything, has a big, newly decorated restaurant with great views and extensive menu. The lobby has local First Nations art & carvings for sale, and I was glued to the glass cabinets wanting all I saw.
The room was well appointed with newer decor and amenities, which included a welcome fridge. We borrowed wine glasses from the bar to drink a bottle of wine we bought 1/2 a block away.
The only complaint my cousin & I both had was that the lighting in the bathroom and adjacent area was incredibly poor. It was almost impossible to put makeup on in near darkness. I went to the window seat to do the job. We understand the need for energy conservation, but a few more watts in the florescent bulbs would be greatly appreciated in the bathroom.
The fact the hotel is an older property that has been renovated, sound is still an issue between rooms & floors. We heard someone, the floor above, getting ready for their day most of the early morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of both mountains & water and the one with a bay window.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PinkTrixie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 1 February 2014

We moved in the middle of the night from a B&B in Prince Rupert that was truly horrible to the Crest and it was the best thing we could have done. From the friendly and professional check-in at the front-desk at 1 am when we did not have a booking to the absolutely superb room we were given overlooking the water and the wonderful service staff in the restaurant this really made our stay in Prince Rupert. The room was beautifully appointed ,very clean with a window seat and binoculars that you can watch the eagles land in the trees outside the window or the ships in the sound. The restaurant has an extensive menu for breakfast and is run by very efficient and friendly staff. We had room service one evening and the food arrived promptly and piping hot. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: room 307 is on the water side with a window seat
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ranster1
Terrace, Canada
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My son sustained burns from an open pipe in the sauna at this hotel. There are two exposed pipes in the walk in area of this sauna, unmarked, dimly lite room. My son stepped back into one of these pipes sustaining a second degree burn to his calf.
I reported this to the front desk, also obtaining first aid supplies. I sent pictures to the crest reporting the injury. Not even asking the age of my son, their response was that there signs that say kids are not allowed in this area. Age had NOTHING to do with the injury! The location of these pipes and lack of signage identifying this hazardous pipe has EVERYTHING to do with the injury.
Their lack of accepting any accountability is appalling.

Room Tip: Don't use sauna
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank DianeHess
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I stayed at the Crest through work and this was recommended by a co-worker. I am very happy that I took my co-worker on this recommendation. The room I stayed in, was big, clean and pleasant. The restaurant was great. I was very impressed by the selation of dishes on their menu and would totally recommend and stay in this hotel if in Prince Rupert.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed here overnight on a business trip when my flight out was canceled. The room was small but beautifully appointed, with super comfy beds and a nice shower (note to tall people: I'm 6'3" and fit wonderfully. It's a walk in shower with rain shower and hand held wand). TV was a fair size and there was a little fridge in the corner. I took advantage of their breakfast Cafe to-go options, since I was up late the night before and wanted to maximize my sleep before my plane. I think more hotels need this option.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2013

If you are ever looking for a great hotel in a small town this is it. It is quaint, well situated, has an excellent restaurant. Clean and friendly staff help accent a very historical feel. All together I like it a lot and would gladly come back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank marcush377
Vancouver
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This was my second stay at Crest Hotel and I was not disappointed. The rooms are very comfortable, the only downside are the smaller bathrooms. However, they are outfitted in Aveda bath products which is a big plus! The food at the restaurant is great, with lovely waterfront views while you dine. Great service and a pleasant stay overall!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business