“Very Nice”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Prince Rupert
Vancouver, Canada
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I was booked into one property in Prince Rupert, but graciously got bumped to the Pacific Inn. What a wonderful surprise. A 10:30 PM check in; the front staff were ready - 1 min and I was on my way to the room. Very clean and quiet, as well, close to everything in Prince Rupert. For a reasonable cost room, a great place to stay.

Thanks to the staff for making the one night a pleasant experience.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Corey K, General Manager at Pacific Inn, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
Wayne154943,

Thank-you for your kind comments regarding the Pacific Inn. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and that our standards exceeded your expectations. Your comments regarding our team here are certainly appreciated and I will share with each of them. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip through Prince Rupert.

Corey Kitchen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Shawnigan Lake, Canada
Reviewed 10 November 2012

My family & I ended up at the Pacific Inn by default after a reservation mishap at the Totem Hotel (do not recommend that place at all). The Front desk personnel was extremely kind & managed to calm me down (it was very late at night & I had 2 very tired children as we had just gotten off the ferry & were not able to stay at the hotel we were supposed to). She even gave me a discount for the trouble I had been through! The room I got was very clean & very quiet & there was enough stuff at breakfast that there was no complaints from the kids :) I would very happily stay here next time I go through Prince Rupert :)

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Corey K, General Manager at Pacific Inn, responded to this review, 13 November 2012
Supernova_Stardust,

Thank-you for your recent review of the Pacific Inn. I am very pleased to hear that the service you received was very positive and kind to you and your family under the unfortunate situation. I am also very pleased to hear you enjoyed the clean and spacious room, as well; the complimentary continental breakfast in the AM. We take an immense amount of pride in our service that we provide and we certainly do look forward to hosting you once again when you travel back through.

Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I sincerely think that Pacific Inn is the best deal and hotel in all of Prince Rupert. Ok, so it does not have sweeping views of the water like The Crest, but otherwise this place rocks! The rooms were HUUUUGE, the bed was comfortable, the staff was super friendly and always willing to help. I loved the fact they had free internet, that is a HUGE plus in my book. Overall, it does not get much better than Pacific Inn!

Room Tip: get. a room on the corner
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Corey K, General Manager at Pacific Inn, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Seahawksteve,

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review of The Pacific Inn and I am very pleased that we had met your expectations with both the guest room and our service. We certainly do have large spacious rooms that provide ample space and room to move around and be comfortable, in which; we have been doing extensive guest room renovations to make our guest rooms even more comfortable. Again, thank-you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Pacific Inn
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed 26 September 2012

From the booking to checking out, my stay was pampered with service unparalled to in the Prince Rupert region. The staff are only as attentitive and caring as the person running this hotel. Corey, the GM is extremely passionate about helping travellers feel appreciated and welcomed. The front desk agent by the name of Raj was professional and attentive. The rooms were tastefully renovated and has all the proper ammenities that will meet all traveller's needs. A gem in Prince Rupert. Hopefully this review will not create any problems with my future bookings in this hotel!

Thanks again for the pleasant stay Corey and staff!

-Andy

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Andy,

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review regarding our "Gem" of a property as we appreciate all guests feedback. We have gone through some exciting changes including renovations to our guest rooms, public areas and the addition of TheaAnne's Greek Palace Restaurant. I am very pleased to hear that you did receive exceptional service, in which; is just another area that the entire team is very proud of. Once again Andy, thank-you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back anytime in the future!

Fort Saint James, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We travelled to Prince Rupert for a fall vacation. We stayed at the Pacific Inn and were very happy with our clean, spacious, quiet room and we experienced such nice, helpful friendly staff. The Continental breakfast was well stocked with lots of good hot fresh coffee and delicious baking. We took our small dog and they were so accommodiating and she also enjoyed the doggie treats! We look forward to staying in the future! An older accommodiation but updated, you will not be disappointed. The bed was excellent and the linen was soft and crisp. Excellent value for your dollar. I give this hotel two thumbs up!

Room Tip: Rooms and the back side of the hotel are very quiet. Parking is safe. When driving into Prince Rup...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Corey K, General Manager at Pacific Inn, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Dalphena S,

Thank-you for taking the time to comment and I am pleased that not only did you enjoy your stay but your four legged family member did as well! As mentioned in previous posts, we have gone through extensive changes here at The Pacific Inn over the past 7 months with an emphasis on providing exceptional and real service. Additional Guest Room & Public Area renovations will commence in the fall of 2012 that will compliment our previous renovations and the opening of TheaAnne's Greek Palace Restaurant. I certainly look forward to showing you the upgrades and look forward to hosting you again when you travel back to Prince Rupert!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We arrived in Rupert with reservations at a B&B for our overnight before a VERY early ferry departure the next morning (4AM). However, when we arrived to check in to that place, the door was locked and they weren't answering their phone! It was 9PM on a Friday night and we were traveling with our 3 year old and dog. Not surprisingly it was difficult finding a place that had rooms, let alone a pet-friendly room. We had just about resigned ourselves to having the dog sleep in the car for the night when we connected with the Pacific Inn. With our sleep time rapidly disappearing, we were just relieved to find a room. Imagine, then, how pleasantly surprised we were when we rolled up to their desk 10 minutes later to find that the key and paperwork were all ready for us. So, while I finished up the paperwork, my wife was able to take our daughter to the room to get settled in. With that done I went outside to collect the dog and bags, during which time my daughter managed to lock herself in the bathroom (older style push-locks with round handles). My wife said that she had barely hung up the phone to the front desk when the desk agent arrived at our room door, breathless, with the keys apologizing for the worry the situation must have caused (as if it were HER fault my daughter had locked herself in!). Our final service experience was at check out early the next morning. We had only mentioned in passing to the agent who checked us in that we were heading for the ferry. Yet, at 3:30 in the morning, I walked in to the lobby and the night auditor had my final bill prepped and ready for me to sign without any prompting (still not totally sure how he knew what room I was in, and we weren't the only ones checking out at that time!).

So, this is not the Ritz. Yes, the decor is outdated (as other reviewers have noted) but it is clean and the staff are friendly and go out of their way to make your stay smooth. We won't stay anywhere else the next time we are in Rupert.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back if possible
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Fraspear,

Thank-you for taking the time to write a review of the Pacific Inn as we certainly appreciate all feedback. I am extremely pleased to hear the service you received from our team here and will share this success story with them. We have truly focused in on the service aspect as we understand that our property has some dated area's, however; with the upgrades done in the spring of 2012 and the upcoming renovations in the fall of 2012, we are quite positive that when you return once again you will be pleasantly surprised and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Reviewed 1 August 2012 via mobile

The decor of this place really needs a change-up. It wasn't simply ugly, but the bedcover was quite tattered as well. Still, the room was very clean and the folks at the front desk were extremely helpful. I wish they put all the money they spend in advertising for their joint into getting new comforters and chairs.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Corey K, General Manager at Pacific Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Rebeccah K,

Thank-you for your comments and I am pleased to hear that our new team here at the Pacific Inn were helpful and friendly and you enjoyed the pet friendly atmosphere.

As mentioned in previous posts, we are under new management and have gone through extensive changes within the Pacific Inn over the past 5 months, in which; we we have completed 40% of our guest room & suite renovations and are in the process of scheduling the completion of the remaining guest room & suite renovations in the fall of 2012. This will include specialty rooms such as family suites and our new designated pet friendly rooms. Along with the schedule of the remaining guest room renovations, a full Lobby expansion and a new interior design will be throughout the property. We certainly would like to welcome you back in the future to experience the changes first hand and again, I thank-you for your comments as it reinforces our commitment to service, value and overall experience.