“Congeniality, comfort, convenience---and dandelions too.”

Cow Bay Pioneer Guesthouse
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Pioneers Backpackers Inn. Among the various rooming options I chose the single room with shared bath, a room that was clean, comfortable, quiet with pleasant decorative touches. The inn’s location was very convenient, close to a market, waterfront and downtown, and next to the town’s attractive sunken garden. Kitchen facilities were available to share, with bins for individuals to store food and refrigerator space to cool supplies. The staff was exceptionally helpful and friendly. I thought that I might feel self-conscious with my roll-a-bag suitcase amidst backpackers at a backpacker’s inn but I needn’t have fretted. All kinds of travelers were welcomed. The inn had a pleasant cosmopolitan air to it. I was there at the same time as a contingent of Germans. And to top it off I was in Port Rupert during dandelion season with dandelions as big as small sunflowers all about. So, all in all---a very good stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
The_Pioneer_Inn, Manager at Cow Bay Pioneer Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thanks a lot for this great feedback. We are happy that you had a great time here and enjoyed Prince Rupert and the sunflower sized dandelions. Maybe you come back here on day in May: You would be impressed by the size of the skunk cabbage!

We wish you safe travels.

Cheers,

Juliane

There are newer reviews for Cow Bay Pioneer Guesthouse

Reviewed 23 June 2014

first time in a hostel and I love it. it's very clean people very friendly and the place feels like you belong here and want to stay. I would recommend this place to anyone. the wi fi is great and what more do you need.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Although our stay was quick we were VERY impressed! One of the nicer hostels that we have stayed in. Charming character, friendly staff and spotlessly clean! We felt safe and comfortable.
The room was lovely.... Two large windows, very comfortable bed, small desk and chair, small couch and a large flat screen TV plus free WiFi. The ensuite bathroom included toiletries towels,facecloths, shower, toilet and sink with mirror and again spotless! :)
Even though we didn't have much time to truly enjoy this little hostel we took a moment to check things out. The common area was inviting and cozy looking. the kitchen area was small but clean and well organized. The outdoor common area was lovely and well groomed.
Over all this hostel receives a HIGH FIVE!! Most definitely recommend and will stay again. Thank you ladies for the great stay. :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
The_Pioneer_Inn, Manager at Cow Bay Pioneer Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thanks a lot for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here and are looking forward to seeing you again :)

Cheers,

Juliane (Manager)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed here for two weeks while I was working and was very pleased with my stay. Everything was kept very clean and I found all the staff and guests respectful and friendly. I stayed in one of the bunkbed rooms and although small there was enough space for my things and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have stayed, in the Pioneer, several weeks to the work. This place is perfect.The staff is very well. There is a warm and convivial atmosphere, it's clean and comfortable. The kitchen is very nice to do cooking and the wifi was well.
Prince Rupert is a town which need to be discover. This town have a lot of charm. I liked a lot the restaurants and cafes in Cow Bay. I went hiking also, there are several good trails.
I warmly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have stayed here several times in a variety of rooms from the economy dorm style rooms with shared bathroom to the private room with private bathroom to more recently the fantastic apartment! Excellent quality at very reasonable rates. Clean, comfortable, friendly and organized. Great common kitchen and sitting area. Good internet, lovely outdoor space, close to trendy Cow Bay shopping and touring area. Close to running trails and ocean. I would highly recommed this establishment.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The hostel is located in downtown PR. The first impression I had when I walked in was how friendly and familier this place looks. Everything has its personal touch and there is no place where you don't feel confortable. I enjoyed my stay even more because of the great and friendly stuff.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo