“Nice relaxing stay, modern decor with an ok view.”
Review of Inn on the Harbour

Inn on the Harbour
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Prince Rupert
Calgary, Canada
“Nice relaxing stay, modern decor with an ok view.”
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel is lovely, nice modern look (recent renovations) and comfy beds. The cable selection was good and overall my stay was awesome. My complaints- any hotel that doesn't have outlets near the head of a bed irritates me. The front desk girls are overly inviting for a small town hotel that isn't that busy. However the girl who looks after the breakfast is fantastic! She actually waits on you which is pretty fantastic for a complimentary breakfast. However the breakfast is a far cry from something to get exited over. A very sad selection of carbs (2 options of scones, 2 of bread, 2 of bagels, and 2 of muffins that I remember, 2 of cereal.... You get the point). I really did enjoy my stay, the place is beautiful! Just a few things I would change if the hotel really wants a memorable evaluation. For anyone staying la gondola restaurant next door makes a mean burger very quickly :-)

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Williams Lake, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I was very impressed with the upgrades to this hotel - last time I visited, the building was under extensive renovations so it is nice to see how lovely it has become.
I wanted to acknowledge one of the desk staff, Wendy, who managed to problem-solve for me most effectively even though she is relatively new to her position.
I encouraged her to find a way to make my request happen and, after a few tries and some encouragement, she found what I needed.
Also the gal at the front desk the next morning was excellent (missed her name).

Room Tip: The rooms facing the harbour are truly beautiful!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Checked in for one night and paid right there. Opened the room it was extremely warm. No AC and a small noisy fan trying to cool the room. Went back down to try and see if there was AC, was told no hotel had AC in prince rupert even though I could see the hotel across the street had it. Asked if I could cancel the room. Was told no I couldn't even though I had just opened the door. Staff called manager and she requested I pay 50 cleaning fee to cancel my reservation. Was not offered any compensation. Room was ok but not worth the price. I would not stay here or recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank MikeJAScott
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Came here for a work trip and overall I was very happy with the place.
Location is great, right across the street from where the shuttle to the airport drops off and picks up. Right along the harbour for a nice view. Restaurants and stores are all very close, and the wharf area is walking distance away.
Room was clean, the staff was friendly. Only minor complaint I had was the lack of A/C. It was a hot week and the room got very hot at times.
Overall though it was very good and next time we need to head out for work I won't hesitate to book here again.

Room Tip: Nice view if you go with the ocean view
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Saskatchewan
Reviewed 13 August 2013

stayed here for 3 nights in late july. nice clean lodging with good location, underused deck gives a great window on the waterfront, would definitely stay here again. staff provided excellent service, fresh seafood in this city is incredible, we ate at both dolly's and the crest, both were fantastic along with other spots

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Lacombe, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed at Inn on the Harbour for 3 nights in early August 2013. The hotel is well located to walk to everything in downtown Prince Rupert, and close to catch the bus. Our "city view" room looked out on the parking lot right above the front door of the hotel, so we heard everyone coming and going. Our room was stifling hot, and a small fan did not make up for the lack of ventilation. The towels were thick and soft and the amenities were good quality, but we didn't get new soaps, shampoo, or lotion during our stay. We had to phone to ask for coffee, and the last morning we had no cups for our coffee. The bed was super comfy and the linens were good quality. Staff were friendly and the continental breakfast was decent. So there were positives and negatives, and all in all it was an average place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2013

New renovated suites, very comfortable, excellent staff, unbeatable Harbor view. Very convenient for our office work needs. Housekeeping team always on top of rooms and public areas, no need for heater or AC, definitely July its the best time of the year to visit.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are less noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business