“Don't let the name fool you... it's a nice restaurant.”
Review of Cow Bay Cafe

Cow Bay Cafe
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casual Italian & westcoast seafood in a cozy neighbourhood cafe located on the waterfront in Cow Bay. Featuring fresh and local seafood. Traditional Italian pizzas, pastas and antipasto. Home made desserts and bread. Award winning Italian and BC wines with local craft beers. Eat In / Take Away Gluten free & kid friendly
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We were surprised to find out this unassuming looking "cafe" was actually an upscale (small) restaurant. Reservations are suggested. The small outdoor seating area provides sweeping views of the water. Food was good (albeit a bit on the expensive side). If you're expecting a Denny's style cafe, you will be in for sticker-shock... but the food and views are worth the price.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had freshly brewed coffee and a great pizza.
Service was fast and friendly.
Would definitely go back again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Enjoyed the menu, - some classics as well as some unique choices - local food, well prepared. Great service too. We were late for our dinner because the boat we were on arrived in late - they kept the kitchen open and did not make us feel rushed in anyway. Lovely evening. Prawns with artichoke and wild mushroom linguine was excellent! Mussels also.. New owners last year

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We agree with the other reviews: quaint, good food, great view of the local fishing fleet from their deck-up close and personal. Eat outside if you can. We were there in the mid-afternoon and so we had pizza. Nice thin crust and very tasty. Menu pricing will get your attention, but we definitely would go back.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

What more could you want from a restaurant than breath-taking views? Well, in Prince Rupert, some seafood could be nice.
I was really hoping for some nice salmon from the shores of this coastal town, and unfortunately, that is the one area where the Cow Bay Cafe did not deliver. They only had one fish on the menu (halibut, not my favourite), mussels in the appetizers (again, I don't like them), and a pasta with prawns (which I had eaten the evening before in Terrace).
All things said, however, this restaurant did deliver. I had the Caprese salad which was relatively good - I wasn't a major fan of the buffalo mozzarella they used but I have definitely had worse, and I had the Bolognese for my main. I can't have gluten, so they subbed the noodles for gluten-free penne which is always a gamble. I was pleasantly surprised by their GF pasta and it made for some great leftovers the night after, too!
Overall, the atmosphere of this place is quite cute and I definitely wish I had room for dessert. Great looking pizzas and crostini, and a solid Italian dinner on the sea. Service was also great.