“poor customer service”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Rossland
Spokane, Washington
“poor customer service”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I had an absolutely AWFUL experience with the manager. I called to inquire about the cancellation policy for the hotel. First he couldn't find our reservation. I asked him multiple times if he needed our confirmation number and he just kept shouting over the top of me that we didn't have a reservation. Finally after several minutes of back and forth he asked me what the day was. He was looking under the wrong day. Because we booked through Expedia he told me that the cancellation was 14 days. Which is not true. I told him I was looking at Expedia's website and that they had no cancellation policy. He continued to shout over the top of me that I was wrong. Finally, not believing he was the manager because of his disrespectful and non-professional misdemeanor I asked to be transferred to a manager which he insisted he was. I then asked to be transferred another person, which he refused to do and continued to yell at me as if I were a child. Under no circumstances will I ever stay at this hotel nor recommend it, due to the terrible management and disrespectful attitude. He would not listen to anything i said and kept shouting over me. I feel bad for their employees. I have never left anything other then a four or five star recommendation, and I have never EVER yelled at a stranger. But I stand by my recommendation that this was the WORST manager experience I have ever had.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stopped one night while visiting family; nothing spectacular about the building, but we were impressed with the room - laminate flooring, crown molding, - not many lower priced motels can be found with that sort of finish: room wasn't big but included was a fridge, a microwave and a coffee maker; flat screen t.v. with good selection of channels; and perhaps the most important item, a pretty new deep mattress bed. Good clean unit, and only thing that we would criticize are the chairs in the room - really kitchen chairs and not comfortable. The motel also offers "breakfast" although this is very basic - cereal and toast - but still not bad for the price.
4 out of 5 rating for a motel in this pricing range and highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

We were impressed how clean our room was; the front desk clerk Avtar was so friendly and helpful; free breakfast of cereal, toast, coffee and juices all for $79 which was half the price of the other local hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank karensheffar
BC
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I've recently stayed at Casa Alpina twice, it is very bare bones but fine. There are very few "perks" not even a coffee maker in all rooms. The morning "free breakfast" is really only carbs (cereal and toast) and coffee, but Avtar the Owner/Manager makes it a special experience. He is a very kind a nd friendly man who seems to thoroughly enjoy his job. His charm combined with the convenient location makes Casa Alpina a great place to stay for a hockey or skiing weekend in the Rossland area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BCHockeymama
Spokane
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This place had one of the most comfy hotel beds I've ever been on. As others have stated, this place is not stylish, but has everything you need. We had a king room on the backside with flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, coffee. The continental breakfast is pretty basic (toast/cereal) so if you are a skier or biker you might want to byo to go with. Wi-Fi was decent, staff was friendly. The bathroom could have been a bit cleaner ( they missed a couple of spots) and we didn't get a make up while we were gone for the day. Also, the heater was nice and quiet which I always think is a bonus, and there were reading lights above the bed! Very few places have decent lighting for reading in bed.
It's really close to the ski hill, and we thought it was a good value for a last minute booking on a powder weekend.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Spokane223
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We stayed at Casa Alpina for 2 nights on a Ski holiday in Feb 2013. There is an after hours self service check-in machine which stated no double/queen rooms available, only the more expensive 2xqueen bed rooms. Booking.com showed availability for the cheaper room so we waited until there was service and booked the cheaper room. I do not know if this was an issue with the machine, or intentionally deceptive to late night travelers needing a room?

The motel is very basic and definitely the lowest standard place we stayed on our trip - however the price was the same as much nicer places in other BC ski towns. There is not many accommodation options in Rossland and this was available with no booking so we were happy with it.

The room was dated with an old fuzzy CRT TV, however it was clean, warm and the manager/owner was very friendly. The walk into town is about 10 minutes in winter is dark, slippery and used by large vehicles. Not an issue if the weather is clear.

If you need a bed at short notice in Rossland, dont be put off by the dated look. You will get a warm clean room.

Room Tip: There are two floors, and rooms on both front and back. We stayed ground floor (good for ski gear/l...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Was there to ski. Everything else was out of my price range. It was close to hill. Even though I had a room on the highway side, it was quiet. Room was small but great for the value. Breakfast was good and simple. Tv and papers to catch up on things. Definitely stay again. The staff I met were accomadating and engaging. Thanx for the hospitality.
Shelby

• Stayed February 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rossland
Prestige Mountain Resort Rossland
#3 of 4 in Rossland
Ray Lyn Motel
Ray Lyn Motel
#3 of 3 in Trail

Been to Casa Alpina? Share your experiences!