“Best breakfast in town”

Ram's Head Inn
Ram's Head Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Rossland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Recently spent a week here skiing with friends and celebrating a birthday. Walking distance to the lifts and a wonderful common area to share stories with a big warm fire. Martin and Michel offer a complete hot fresh cooked meal each morning with eggs, muffins, amazing fresh fruit, cereal, juice and more. Will definitely return!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steve P

Reviewed 19 February 2014

It was comfortable and lovely to say the least. Me and the family felt at home and had a lovely week of skiing and relaxing. Rooms felt spacious and breakfast was generous. In comparison to previous stays in the area, value for money and the services received was beyond expectations. I can strongly recommend and hope to be back next year for more quality time with the family and another relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We arrived in town late and needed a place to stay. We loved it. A huge room (although a bit dated), lovely views, a big comfy bed and a sensational, freshly cooked breakfast. We'd definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Room 106 was really spacious
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Weekends_away_13
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My husband and I come here every January for the boutique feel at the Red Mountain. Even though it is not ski in (you can ski across the parking lot if you really want to :)), it is only a 2 minute or less walk to the bottom of the chair lift. Our dog and us always feel welcome here every year and enjoy the hot breakfast each morning. Well worth our budget and we recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Great hot tub and sauna for post ski!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BCTLynn
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I love this place. It has a Peace of my HEART. I visit Rams Head Inn almost every winter. Great friendly staff. Great location. 3 minutes walk from the lifts. Wonderful breakfast. Nice clean rooms . The lodge was cosy and nice. I recommend this Place for everyone, I heard that they are contruction a an montailbike trail round the hotel opening in summer. I will be back in summer for mountainbiking with my friends. and of cource next winter.

Room Tip: Book early for february
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Worst start to our trip ever. Arrived and within 4 hours was bitten by managers dogs and had to be taken to the local hospital. Dog bit 4 people in one night. Aside from that, the lodge was tired and outdated. Only positive was great breakfast and wonderful chef. Don't stay there, stay at the red mountain apartments. Same price, closer to the mountain, much nicer and no dogs.

Room Tip: Don't stay there, stay at the red mountain apartments. Same price, closer to the mountain, much...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bellposse14
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Good value for money but otherwise I didn't enjoy my stay at all. Cons: decor of early 2000 (if that!), bathroom drains all clogged (sink and bathtub), location, bad mattress/pillows (bring your own if you can).

We stayed here 5 nights last week as we were skiing at Red. Our CAT skiing reservations were made last minute and this place was the only place still available.

Location: not ski in/ski out as some of the apartments - you'll need to walk across the parking lot, cross the road and across another small parking lot. Not a lot of parking in front of the lodge either - think they had 14 rooms and maybe enough space for 6 cars at best?

Rooms: where do I start. 2 things I value most from accommodation - cleanliness and sleep quality. Towels were changed upon request but if you leave the room after late morning, they wont tidy up the room. The decor is old and dim, curtains were half falling off their fixings. The room was big and had 2 double beds in it, so you could fit in a family with kids if you wanted. Mattress was soft and the pillows were - flat. I've never been a tough customer when it comes to hotels and their beds but I found myself waking up with sore upper shoulder/neck every single night I stayed there (and I travel frequently for my work so I've stayed at a fair number of different hotels - and have NEVER woken up with sore necks ever). Sink and bathtubs were always clogged and the sink had stains and gunk stuck to it.

Breakfast: breakfast is only served 7:30-8:30, eggs, bacon, sausages, cereal.

Amenities: pool table and room for skis in the basement.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank fifif311
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rossland
Prestige Mountain Resort Rossland
#2 of 4 in Rossland
Red Shutter Inn
Red Shutter Inn
#5 of 6 in Rossland

Been to Ram's Head Inn? Share your experiences!