“Peaceful haven...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salt Spring Island
Lost & Found Guest House
Victoria, Canada
“Peaceful haven...”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Our stay was ideal. I know that people refer to this place as a 'cabin', it is not. It is a small home that can sleep a large family with everything provided. I brought a French Press with me for my coffee....not needed, they had one. They had everything you need: cuttlery, pots and pans, a wonderful array of mugs and cups. A washer and dryer a beautiful bathroom with one of those 'swirly tubs' (jacuzzi) and that profound silence you can rarely find no matter where you go, these days. I slept profoundly and so did my wife, Susan. A gorgeous bee-loud glen behind the home, surrounded by trees and full of bird calls and an occasional Raven. Loved it and highly recommend it. Stay here, you won't regret it!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nigel S

Business
Galiano Island, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Very quiet location. Handsome, well-built cabin, spacious, bright, tastefully furnished. Perfectly clean. Good art on the walls, and that's a pleasure. Kitchen well equipped, nothing missing. Good wood-stove, plenty of fire-wood. Comfortable seating. Owners remain at a tactful distance, privacy assured. What I asked for, was supplied promptly. Will be happy to stay there again in the future, although it did feel a bit expensive for a single inhabitant in October. But that's Saltspring, I guess.

Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Victoria
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We have stayed at Lost and Found several times now. It is so cute and inviting, we always have a great time. The owners are really friendly, and the little house is really well done. We hope to stay here a couple of times this year! There is no cell reception at the house but there is Wi-fi.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank RFosterW
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I found this guesthouse via a coupon on TripAdvisor months before we were travelling.

This really is a cute guesthouse. It's peaceful and a good size. I appreciated that there was a washer and dryer available to guests as we were on an extended roadtrip and having this in the guesthouse was very handy.

Our experience was not ideal and not in-line with others that have stayed in the past. When we arrived, there was nobody at the owner's house (a bit further down the driveway from the guesthouse) so we let ourselves into the guesthouse. At this point I wasn't sure that we were even expected as there was no note to welcome us and provide any type of instructions (there was however a key or the counter). After about 24 hours I made contact with the person staying at the main house. Turns out the owners were on vacation and they had guests (family members) staying in the main home. The family member I talked to said that some other people were coming the next day but that fell through. This made me nervous, since we already felt forgotten and like we shouldn't be staying, and that reassured my fear that we really shouldn't be there.

I did make contact with the owner via email after 2 nights in the guesthouse. There is no cell phone service in the guesthouse so I had to send the email from town when we went for supper. The owner did then provide the wireless password for the guesthouse and an explanation and appology for the confusion. He did clarify that they were on a vacation and admit that the ball was dropped on our stay. There was a discount offered on a future stay. Although I was reassued that we were expected and ok to stay there, this was a once in a lifetime vacation for us and a discount on a future stay does not fix the fact that the ball was dropped on our stay and our vacation. I completely understand that the owners deserve a vacation too but I would have really appreciated a heads up email to let us know the circumstances and the opportunity to change our vacation plans if the owners would not be present.

I was just so excited to stay here and really felt deflated after not feeling welcome for the first 24 hours or so. There was a guestbook and reading the fantastic comments left, it really made me feel like we were forgotten....

Salt Spring Island is beautiful, but a three day drive from where we live... we will likely not return.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cantwaitforholidays
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This is a gem of a guest house. Nestled among beautiful alder trees and well situated on the island, this place has everything you need to be "lost" or "found", or whatever it is you might be wanting to do on Salt Spring Island. Perfect for any season, it's ideal for family vacations, group of friends' retreats or a romantic couples getaway. Great kitchen, cozy breakfast nook, spacious loft, wood-burning stove, patio and bbq, laundry, games, books, art - it has it all. I have found my go-to place on Salt Spring and I can't wait to go back.

1 Thank Jasmin J
Victoria, BC
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The Lost & Found was ideal for our group of friends to get away for the weekend. The cabin is spacious and comfortable. We used the BBQ for a delicious meal and the wood fireplace added to the ambience of the place. Didn't get a chance to enjoy the upstairs living area, but next time we definitely will. Thanks for letting us experience this beautiful slice of heaven!

1 Thank Jenny B
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2012

This cabin is everything you would want for an island getaway, It's cosy, clean, and spacious, with a lovely breakfast nook overlooking the property. We were warmly welcomed by our hosts and made to feel instantly at home. Next time I'm going to stay for a week!

1 Thank Caitlin M