“Another great Breakfast experience”

Barb's Bakery & Bistro
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Whistler, Canada
“Another great Breakfast experience”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Saturday morning, expected busy but we still got a table straight away. The smell is just amazing entering this place. Nothing is better than fresh baked bread, coffee and pastry. Menu is inviting and covers everything what you would expect for Breakfast. Service was attentive, even that it got busy very fast. The flavor of the dishes was good, portion sizes were good too and everything what you would expect for a good breakfast was there. There was nothing I could think of why we wouldn't come back.

• Visited May 2014

“This is where you go for an awesome atmosphere”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I didn't find this place until my way out and oh man am I disappointed. Such a wonderful little bakery and bistro! Nice atmosphere, dog friendly. I was trying to pay in cash however and the cashier seemed a little ticked off at me for it as it took me a minute to fish out a dime. It's harder to grab the coin under pressure!

Visited May 2014
Salt Spring Island, Canada
“Well worth the visit”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I go to Barb's several times a week. Love the breakfasts, and sandwiches to go. Great for take out and often delicious soups.

Visited January 2014
Salt Spring Island, Canada
“Good food but loud setting”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I've been here for breakfast a number of times, and the food has been consistently very good. The only concerns are the noise even when half full, and the inconsistent service.

• Visited March 2014
Mill Bay
“The sign still says Barbs Buns!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

It isn't until you step inside that you realise it is indeed Barbs Bakery and Bistro. The first thing I noticed was the fabulous aromas wafting through the bistro from the open kitchen. The bakery looked good as well but we decide to have lunch and all of us had the special which was Cajun Chicken on house baked olive and thyme sourdough bread with a choice of side dish. I had the home fried potatoes and the ladies had the Borsch soup both of which were excellent. We would go back again even if just for the excellent coffee!

• Visited March 2014