“Lovely Hotel”

Seabreeze Inne
Alberta
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Salt Spring Island is most adorable. We stayed at the Seabreeze in August 2013. It was a fairly last moment decision to visit Salt Spring on our motorcycle road trip.

We called them before boarding the ferry & reserved a room with 2 queen beds. The hotel is located a short walk (down a big hill) from the town. When we arrived we received a warm & friendly greeting & were shown to our room. The room was in very good condition & very clean. The beds were oh-so-comfy. Breakfast was included in the price & was just what we need to start the day. There is a large hot tub, which we didn't have time to try out. Wi-fi worked well.

I would most certainly recommend the hotel to friends & family. We would stay there again if we went back to Salt Spring Island. Thanks again to the wonderful management of the hotel, your warm welcome was much appreciated.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2013

After reading the reviews below, I am shocked by what I have read because I had a very different experience. We paid $179 CAD for a 2 bed with kitchenette, which ordinarily would seem expected on the Friday of the Labor Day weekend on Salt Spring. However, after arrival and after paying prior to seeing the room (which seemed fishy and I kick myself for not insisting on seeing the room first), I was less than pleased. Upon opening the door, the overcompensation of perfumed air freshener gave me an instant headache. With only one window, it was impossible to get rid of the scent, and after closer inspection, found out that it was likely to cover a pet smell. I moved the dresser over a couple inches to see the tv better and found a thick layer of dust with old dog toys underneath.

On closer inspection of the bedding, the stains on the mattress could be seen through the thin sheets and the pillows were stained ++. Thank goodness most pillows had 2 cases on them so I could mostly forget about them while trying to fall asleep. We were put on the bottom floor and the noise above us carried as if they were in the same room. The walls were dirty and ragged and the room is definitely in need of an upgrade. I love hot tubs but refuse to even go in it for fear it hasn't been clean appropriately based on what I had seen in the room.

I give this hotel a poor rating only because the price is not what you pay for. Had I paid $75 for this room, I would not be writing this review. This hotel has so much potential as the grounds are nice and the view is quite stunning; but until they upgrade it to match the prices charged, I would recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Tanya H

Travellers are raving about these Salt Spring Island hotels

Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

The Seabreeze Inne is an excellent home base for your adventures on Saltspring Island. I would recommend it based on our experiences.

The kindly operations manager is really what pushes this hotel out of average and into "very good" in some categories (and even "Excellent" in customer service). He has a hands-on approach for check-in, breakfast (which is included), and housekeeping. It is apparent he really cares about the property. In addition, he was also very careful to ensure I understood there was no air conditioning before we booked (not that it was needed even in August). Lastly, I tried tipping him for the great service but it was politely refused (although I would certainly be inclined to try again next trip).

Within the context of comparing the Seabreeze against the other hotels on Saltspring Island it presents good value for the $145/night we paid.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Kungfucrab
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This is our 3rd visit to Salt Spring Island and we revisited Seabreeze Inne. To our surprise, the friendliness and hospitality, plus an unexpected bonus, were more than we could ask for. Location is close to downtown and a lot of Studios. Breakfast was exceptional and kids loved it very much. My daughter said she wants to visit as with her best friends every Summer. Fireworks were phenomenal and only 15 minutes away from the Inne. We can see deer everywhere. Thank you everyone at Seabreeze Inne.

Room Tip: More non-smoking areas would be better for kids.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The hotel offers a convenient and pretty location, but is over-priced. Our room was somewhat shabby, and the kitchenette had seen better days (quite some time ago). Sleep was disrupted by the sound of our upstairs neighbour talking and snoring.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Vancouver
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We stayed at Sea Breeze Inne this past weekend. We found the property to be beautiful and immaculately kept. The rooms are cozy, comfortable and clean! Last but not least, the service was friendly and attentive.

This is our favourate hotel to stay at while in Salt Spring Island.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 7 April 2013

i went to sea breeze inn for 3 days and 2 nights during the long weekend..
with 2 friends and my daughter..the room was equipped with 2 double beds kitchenette and a beautiful view to a lovely garden..
Satish was outstanding soo warm and nice..
offered great customer service
Sunita and Satish gave us a great prize..
i will visit the island again with my girl and will enjoy my stay at salt again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends