“Closed?”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Salt Spring Island, Canada
“Closed?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Tried again but lights out, no one there. What's up?
We had heard that food is good and if you can find a clean table where no one playing games , you can enjoy an evening meal!

vancouver
“Every mouthful is delicious !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Dinner with my daughter was just perfect last night. Relaxed unhurried but very attentive service. Other diners were a mix of locals heading to an Artspring show and visitors. I had a flat iron steak cooked exactly as I had asked, and every mouthful was just full of flavour. Fresh chanterelles and a mix of fresh vegetables in a pasta roulade was irresistible to my daughter and as I had to steal a taste I can confirm it was bursting with fresh flavours. The fresh pasta melted in your mouth.
Yup ....we had desert we could see him in the kitchen bake fresh a chocolate brownie and my marscapone cheesecake was so pretty I almost did not want to eat it ....I said almost ...it tasted great the right amount of richness and portion size. I will definitely return ....
Do not judge this restaurant by its prices which are incredibly reasonable for the exceptional quality of food and service. If you want to dine ....come here. If you just want a truckload of food with no taste don't.
Perhaps lights could be dimmed a little

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank GeordielassSSI
Merritt, Canada
“Loved the muscles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We too thought about dinner across the way but decided on the The Gathering and so pleased we did. The large folding doors opened to allow for a gentle cross breeze and view of the harbour which was so lovely on a warm August evening. The atmosphere was casual, relaxed and quiet. I also enjoyed the fact that the tables had plenty of space between them which added to the feeling of a light and airy atmosphere and allowed you visit comfortably. Something you don't get much any more. The muscles were definitely a highlight. I will definitely return again and again....

BC Canada
“Marvellous ambiance, and creative tapas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Loved watching others play the various board games, but we just sat back, drank our wine, and savoured the creative, fresh, incredible food.
We are mature in years but young at heart and on the many occasions that we have been there we have been welcomed with hugs, great service, and delicious culinary tastes.

“Best Mussels Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

The food is amazing- so much attention to detail and presentation- what an inspired chef! The staff is super friendly. I enjoy The Gathering and recommend this place to guests from our Suncrest Cottage B&B .