“Spa Needs Work.”

Salt Springs Spa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Spa Needs Work.”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I just want to start off by saying that I mean no harm to the owners/operators of this Spa/Resort. I want to share my honest opinion as I feel it may benefit those choosing to stay at this resort and hopefully benefit the management team of this resort as well.

Pros
- Staff was informative and trying to provide "comfort"
- Nice location
- Cool line of Ayurvedic products

Cons
- The services are over priced, Expected more for the money spent.
- Spa is not esthetically pleasing. Need to pay attention to fine detail. Would have been nice to see candles, more spa like aroma, updated facility?
- Staff needs to work on Interpersonal skills, had some awkward moments... interactions did not give a warm feeling.
- Overall vibe of the place is not really professional.

I didnt stay in the cabins so I cannot speak on about the rooms /sleep quality etc.
I may have just had high expectations or the website had glorified things a bit Whatever the case may be, I was hoping my first spa experience would have been better. I think the Spa team could really turn this place into a gem if they make some changes.

1 Thank Meera392
Shaughn, General Manager at Salt Springs Spa, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Meera392,

Thank you for your review and for adding our Spa for reviews separate from the Resort on Tripadvisor! I am very happy to hear you enjoyed the location, our line of Samya Ayurveda organic products and found our staff to be informative and providing comfort.

I'm very sorry you did not take the chance to address your concerns with a manager during your time at the spa.

I am pleased to let you know that all of the concerns you have brought up in your review have long since been addressed. The spa has been redecorated and has received many touch ups and minor renovations.

We frequently get positive feedback about how beautiful the spa lounge and treatments rooms are! We use candles and aromatherapy diffusers in all common areas and each treatment room is beautifully candle lit. Furthermore, the atmosphere is enhanced with soothing music. We have also hired new staff and have addressed any performance and professionalism issues.

The addition of our new Samya Ayurveda Clinic menu has brought our services up to over 45 different therapies featuring Ayurvedic Clinical therapies performed only by Registered Ayurvedic Clinicians, a level of education and experience that no other spa in BC can match. Hopefully you will return to visit our new and improved Samya Ayurveda Clinic & Spa at the Salt Springs Spa Resort.

Shaughn Jenson, GM