“First stop off the early ferry- EVERYTIME!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jana's Bake Shop

Jana's Bake Shop
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Specializing in handmade pies and cakes made to order. Visit our kitchen and taste our daily offerings. Jana's is a small batch bakery BIG on QUALITY!
“First stop off the early ferry- EVERYTIME!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I couldn't wait to share Jana's quiche with my husband. During my work week I am often on the ferry to Salt Spring and make this the first stop in Ganges, EVERYTIME. Sometimes I am too early for the first pan of mini quiche (muffin size) to come out of the oven so I get to linger while the delicious smells permeate my clothing for the rest of the day! BONUS- No calories!
I have tried just about every quiche- goat cheese with onion, smoked salmon with capers and onion, red and yellow peppers with bacon are my faves. But ALL are knock your socks off yummy!
Jana also makes pies- to DIE for, chutneys and other pickled treats. Sometimes the rhubarb chutney is the surprise flavour at the bottom of a ham quiche.- and THAT is over the top delicious.
Jana does cater, her cook book has recently sold out- I missed getting a copy:(
THIS is THE place to go for a morning nibble! Outside the tiny bakery are plenty of large rocks to
sit on. GUARANTEE there will be no crumbs for the seabirds and crows that cast you that PLEASE look!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank victoria_BCLeam
jmcr2015, Owner at Jana's Bake Shop, responded to this review, 29 March 2015
We are still rockin' the quiche. Thank you so much. And I now have my book, Flour Power available in shop. Jana

“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

This tiny bake shop is a very special place. Everything tastes divine from butter tarts to quiche you can't go wrong. It is a little hard to find tucked away in an alley behind a gas station but once you find it you will be back!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank joannasouthw
jmcr2015, Owner at Jana's Bake Shop, responded to this review, 29 March 2015
Once again we are mentioned as 'hard to find', but I love to see the smiling faces of customers when they taste our treats and are happy at what they found. Thank you, Jana
Salt Spring Island, Canada
“I love Jana's Bake Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

One of my favourite stops on Salt Spring Island in the early hours. Love love love the orange-cranberry muffins, the quiche is amazing quality and so tasty, the smoked salmon one is my fav, and my all time favourites are the curried vegetable turnovers and also the pot pies. Actually everything i've ever tried from Jana's has been a cut above and she has such a nice warm real smile and calm energy that i just love going in there! She makes the bestest crust also for her pies and the chutneys are to die for!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SaltspringDesign
“Best Bake Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Jana bakes delicious treats in her sweet bake shop. Her gluten free carrot muffins are a favourite for us. We recently had a Tourtiere Pie for Christmas Eve & it was so delicious! Her baking is amazing!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank PaulaDavies
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Small bakery, big taste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

This tiny bakery may not have a lot of seating, it may be tucked away off from the main road, but man, it is just the best!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Marinersloft
jmcr2015, Owner at Jana's Bake Shop, responded to this review, 29 March 2015
We will soon have seating. Check us out by mid April. Thank you for finding us. Jana