“Peaceful and relaxing”

Armand Heights Bed and Breakfast
Victoria
“Peaceful and relaxing”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was our first trip to Saltspring and our first bed and breakfast. The arbutus room was beautiful with an exceptional view over looking the ocean and trees. Irina greeted us and showed us to our room. There was wine and fresh baked goods for us. We took full advantage of the property and enjoyed relaxing in the garden and the hot tub. The garden is beautiful and it was so peaceful to just sit and take in the sounds of nature. Irina serves you breakfast in your room. The pancakes were so fluffy and the eggs Benedict was the best I have ever had! We enjoyed our stay and will be back!

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Our apologies Irina, for taking so long to comment on how wonderful you made our stay at the Armand Heights. Very easy to access, and conveniently located close to town, the Armand Heights gave us more than just a place to stay. We were greeted by our wonderful host, Irina and her lovely dog Sky. Not only was she friendly and welcoming, but we were also treated with two delectable slices of banana cake. We stayed in the "Pine Room", and I must say was it ever well kept and clean... with some complimentary wine, which we very much appreciated! Everything was easily accessible, and the bed was like laying on a cloud... it took us a good chunk of time before we were ready to get back up! The view from our deck was just breathtaking, that is all I can say - it has to be seen to be believed, no amount of pictures can do justice the feeling of standing there in the early morning or late evening. The breakfast served was excellent, and Irina made sure we (well, Matt specifically) were well fed. Our stay was over the Easter long weekend, so while it was a little chilly, we did brave the hot tub and I must say we were in for a treat. At night, the lighting system they have installed creates a very unique atmosphere. The hot tub is large, comfortable, and most importantly, hot!

As I've stated earlier, the service was excellent, but Irina went above and beyond anything I ever expected. Our car suffered an unfortunate incident in which my car was essentially inoperable. Stuck between a rock and a hard place, I did manage to get my car back to the Heights, but I surely would not have been able to drive it back to the ferry the next day when we were scheduled to leave. I explained to Irina what had happened, and within 5 minutes I was on the phone with someone that might have been able to help me. Within 20 minutes someone had come out to the Heights, and helped me get my car working again! The friendly atmosphere of the Armand Heights, and of course the lovely people of Salt Spring Island makes this a must stay destination. I promise you, you will not be disappointed. Classic board games stashed in the closet, deserts to die for, the perfect breakfast to start your day, the perfect bed to end your day, a view that will live in your mind forever, and a host that truly embodies the definition of hospitality - I just can't say enough good things about this place. Go there, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Prodan_VicBC
Victoria, BC
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Our daughters surprised us with a weekend here for our 25th Anniversary and it was perfect! The house is high up on a hill so the views are wonderful and it is very quiet. Irina did everything to make our stay enjoyable, she even brought me lemon and honey to try to help my sore throat.
We went to the Saturday Market and bought lots of tasty treats from local artisans to have for our dinner. There was plenty of plates, cutlery and glasses to allow us to set up our dinner on the deck and eat overlooking the water.
The breakfasts were top rate and Irina's home brewed teas were fantastic(that is from a non tea drinker), her berry syrup for the apple pancakes was so good that my husband and I both drank the little bits that were left!

Room Tip: We got the chance to look at all 3 of the rooms that they have available and they were all beautiful...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed at this B&B to celebrate our anniversary. Irina is such a sweet lady and she went out of her way to make us feel welcomed. The room was on the small side but it was perfect for our one night stay. Once we arrived and settled in she brought us a delicious coffee cake that she baked herself! She even left us some fruit and homemade wine. I am not usually a wine drinker but my husband and I found this wine quite enjoyable. Breakfast was awesome and she even went out of her way to make it early for us as we had to catch the 7:50am ferry. We had some delicious crepes for breakfast with a bowl of fruit, served with coffee, orange juice and I even got an awesome strawberry tea which was great. The only problems we encountered was we could not find a Wii Fi signal and we couldn't get the satelitte cable to work. In the end we didn't care as it just encouraged us to spend more time together which was the point of this trip. We will go back again but maybe stay in a different suite and stay longer!!

Room Tip: The pine room is on the smaller side but if you are only staying one or two nights and don't pla...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed at the B & B during the off-season and had a wonderful trip. The tea time scones were fresh made and brought right to our door. The room was clean and beautifully decorated. The view from our room was stunning. The only disappointment from our visit was that the hot tub was under repairs during our stay. But we intend to come back again in the summer months to get full use of it!

We would recommend this B & B to friends visiting the Island. The owner Irina is very welcoming and made our stay comfortable and relaxing.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Clare F
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We had a wonderful weekend at Armand Heights. Irina goes out of her way to make sure you are comfortable (she even came and made the fire for us!). Even though it was raining, the view was beautiful, and because the house is on a hill, we woke up to snow! Breakfast was one of the best Eggs Benedicts I'd ever had and the homemade wine and desert was also excellent. We stayed in the Red Cedar room, and it was as big as our Vancouver condo! Very clean and comfortable, with nice decorative touches. I highly recommend this place...although now I'm thinking I shouldn't because it will make it harder for me to go back there if it's busier! :) Thanks so much, Irina!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alisa B
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Whatever happens when you are at Armand Heights, Irina will be there when you need her. Whether it's a special diet, warmer boots, or her own plum wine and blueberry mint tea, Irina will add her special touches and helpful suggestions. Armand Heights has special features like an amazing view, an artful garden, the best mattress and linens possible. The breakfast of our choosing was wonderful, starting with fruit salad and free range egg omelettes with fresh goat cheese and herbs. Wow! A real taste of island living.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank docrod05
Irina_Armand_Heights, Owner at Armand Heights Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Thank you for the lovely review! It was a pleasure meeting you at my Bed & Breakfast. I hope to see you again in the future.

Best wishes,