“Back in Time”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Whistler, Canada
“Back in Time”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Saturday night dinner at the number one restaurant on Salt Spring Island. All in all a good experience and it felt a bit of going back in time. Classic white table cloths, "silver" candles holders on the table, it felt like walking into a room which didn't get an upgrade since a while.
The host, server, bartender was great. Friendly, attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. Anything she could answer, was questioned to the kitchen and answered than. One tip at this point: Keep in mind the guest might hear what you say when you go to the kitchen and ask or say something, while it is only one door away. Looking at the menu it reflects a bit of everything, local, classic and more classic dishes. I haven't seen a menu like that for a while which was a positive surprise. Bring back the classic. I can't recall when I saw Hering the last time on a menu together with other dishes. My starter was very good, the recommended pairing worked well and I looked forward to my Schnitzel Vienna style. The other starter which were suppose to be "Greens" weren't that good, the Halibut therefore was much better and highly enjoyed. We weren't quite sure about the ambience but while finding dishes on a menu which we haven't seen for a while we enjoyed our dinner and rated our experience with good so we gave it a "very good" while better than average.

• Visited May 2014

Brookline, Massachusetts
“Amazing and surprising spot”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Run by two Finnish chefs - with great sense of the neighboring sea produce. Knowledgeable and helpful wait staff - great BC wines! Imaginative and creative food - likely best on the island (and nearby ones as well).

Visited April 2014
Salt Spring Island, Canada
“One of the best meals ever..........”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Well worth the price at this upscale restaurant. This was one of the best meals I have ever had in my entire life. Everything that was on my plate had extreme flavour, and served a way I had not ever made myself and I am a good cook who if I'm going out want's exceptional flavour.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank shark58SSI
Salt Spring Island, Canada
“Great for special occaisions”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

A bit pricey but worth it, in my opinion, we normally go to House Piccolo for special occasions such as birthday dinners or sometimes just for a romantic night out. Food is beyond excellent, service is very nice also.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank SaltspringDesign
London, United Kingdom
“Best dining on Salt Spring”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

A cosy restaurant in Ganges which has outstanding food, as good as you will get anywhere. We are visitors from London and this matched any high end London venue for quality of cooking. Service was excellent; attentive without being intrusive. Truly a memorable meal.

• Visited April 2014