“Grab a goody or a meal”

Rock Salt Restaurant & Cafe
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Global flavour and island comfort in an 180 degree ocean view dining room. We make everything from scratch and emphasize local ingredients. Our menu is varied with numerous options for carnivores, vegetarians, kids and gluten free diets. We also have a full service in house bakery, grab and go deli and espresso bar.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I dropped in many times during my stay on Salt Spring....sometimes just for a tea and maybe a muffin. The last time was waiting for the ferry and my Mom and I shared a light snack. The service was great the food was terrific and the view was wonderful....they even have options especially for people waiting for the ferry.....and tips on how long you have before the ferry arrives.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

From the outside it just looks like a funky fun place but the view from the outdoor dining room is spectacular and the food was so much better than expected. Calamari was in the lightest batter I've every encountered, curries were very well done and service was quite efficient. The place is a GREAT find!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The Rock Salt Restaurant is so understated that we passed it by our first day on Salt Spring Island thinking it was just a take out bakery style café. However, after taking a look at its menu in a binder of restaurant information at our B&B, we were impressed with the variety and decided to make the drive from Mount Maxwell back to Fulford just to have an early dinner at Rock Salt Restaurant and do some shopping at the nearby beautiful Mercantile clothing/hat/bead store.

The nachos were loaded with fresh tomatoes, cheese, pulled pork and had delicious sides of beans and guacamole. It was a generous enough portion to share between two of us, while we enjoyed the inspiring and colorful artsy stained glass restaurant with Jill Louise Campbell art on the walls. A lovely, fun, artistic atmosphere overlooking the harbor, with delicious food and friendly service.

We'd definitely recommend the Rock Salt Restaurant & Café to friends, and anyone travelling to Salt Spring Island.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

The food is pretty tasty. My husband really enjoyed his meal. My meal was pretty good. My only complaint was there was a lot of salt on my yam fries. I loved the fact that there was really chicken on my club, not deli meat turkey. The size of our meals where pretty generous too. The service was pretty good too except at the end after she took away our plates she seemed to forgot all about us. We waited a little bit and then went searching for her so we could get our bill and pay. All in all though the food and service was great and the view was awesome!

1  Thank nancy_park
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The food is excellent, organic and generous portions. We often call in and pick up to eat at home but the location to eat there is beautiful. Highly recommend!