“Excellent”
Review of Vista Hermosa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tofino
Vista Hermosa
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
Langley City, Canada
“Excellent”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We are a family from Langley and Tofino is one of our favourite places to visit. We choose Vista Hermosa for its convenient location, great space and all the great amenities they have listed on their website, the private hot tub is definitely a bonus. We arrived on a Sunday afternoon, a bit earlier then 4 pm check in. Barbara was nice to accommodate our early arrival with no problem. We found the house was very well appointed. The spacious living room with the exceptional view of the harbor and plenty of boat activity provided hours of entertainment. The kitchen is very well stocked with lots of pots, pans, dishes, cutlery, crab pot, you name it and a kitchen gadget galore.
Overall the home is great, clean and spacious and we will be back for another visit to our beloved Tofino and Vista Hermosa

Room Tip: The masterbedroom overlooking the ocean is the best one of the three
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Richard D

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Well where do I start? I took my girlfriend to Tofino to have a romantic weekend but man did we get a ruff start. We got to the property and alarm bells started to go off. There were cigarette butts on the deck (right outside the patio door), BBQ was dirty (And I mean filthy), used towel beside the hot tub, sand in the hot tub, dog hair all over the carpet in the living room, the fireplace mantel was dirty and one of the bath tubs was dirty. I don't know how all this was missed. The furnace also made a high pitch noise which we couldn't find a way to get rid of. So annoying. All in all we decided to get a refund and stay somewhere else and man are we glad we did. Vista Hermosa could be a nice property if it was cleaned. Poor experience

Room Tip: Make sure it's clean!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank W S
GabrieleTofino, Owner at Vista Hermosa, responded to this review, 4 March 2012
We are sincerely sorry for the negative experience at Vista Hermosa. When I was contacted by this guest on check-in to voice his concern about cleanliness, he appeared to be quite apologetic but I had assured him that was perfectly fine to let me know his concerns. I immediately responded by asking my assistant to meet him at Vista Hermosa and inspect the house. My Assistant did (unfortunately and no excuses) validate some of his concerns and I immediately offered the guest a full refund if he was uncomfortable staying.

Our home is cleaned by professional, well trained housekeepers. I have no real answer as to why this housekeeper did such inadequate work. She had been with us for a long time and there was no reason not to trust her. We as vacation home owners, managers and housekeeper care a great deal about our guests and work diligent to avoid these and any unpleasant situations and guests always come first.

I would like to say this, the guest had initially offered to vacuum. Thus I was rather disappointed at the "Terrible" review and was assuming it wasn't as "Terrible". However I declined the offer as I did not feel this to be appropriate and offered him a full refund for his trouble. He was very appreciative for the refund which was the least we could do, again our sincere apology for the less than pleasant experience.
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Vista Hermosa was the perfect setting for two couples on a brief holiday. We loved the convenient town location and the wonderful view of the ocean, islands, mountains and wharf , (where there was always something going on) We also appreciated the well-equipped kitchen, deck, hot tub, fireplace, and two full baths. Vista Hermosa was a wonderful place to come home to after a day of exploring the forest or the beach ( or the shops!) Were we disappointed that we couldn't "storm watch" from the large windows? No, because the view in the sunshine was a wonderful, multi-coloured surprise at every time of the day.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Beaver Bank
Reviewed 12 August 2009

We were a group of 4 adults touring BC and Alberta. We arrived in Tofino on day 13 of our adventure. What a treat it was to have a " house" to relax and spread out in. As others have stated, the " house" portion is 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with a full living room, dining room and kitchen. There is a hot tub and BBQ dedicated for your use. The kitchen is completely and fully equipped. Aside from food and beverage, I can not think of one thing you would need. The house is about a 3 minute stroll from the heart of Tofino and overllooks the government warf. It is most intriguing to watch the virtually continous water taxi activity. Everything in the house was spotless and the beds were very comfortable. Towels etc were large and numerous. I understand that since our stay oin October that the house has been totally refurbished with new windows, flooring and furnishings, therefore it must be absolutley stunning now.

I would recommend this to anyone. Go and enjoy the House and Tofino. You will love both.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
3 Thank ametsound
Alberta
Reviewed 30 May 2009

We just recently did a trip to Vancouver Island with a 4 day stay in Tofino. I searched the internet prior to going for accommodation for our 6 member party and found the Vista Hermosa House. We were looking for a reasonable priced accommodation that would fit our party and we found that in the Vista Hermosa. Because we went in the "off season" the price was outstanding. I dealt with Barbara Lamarche through phone and emails and she was very pleasant. Looking at the pictures on their website do not do the house justice! When we arrived at the house we felt as though we were royalty upon entering. The house is large, bright, spacious and very tastefully decorated. All the bedrooms were large, beds were comfortable, including the bunk beds that accommodated 2 adults. There are 2 large decks, one with a hot tub and the other that over looks the Tofino Harbor and Clayoquot Sound. The patio furniture included a large table with enough chairs for our party and 2 very comfortable loungers to sit, relax and watch the beautiful sunsets. I enjoyed my morning coffee on the deck watching all the boats go out and a light fog move in. There is also a large BBQ which we used both nights. We ran out of propane the first night and my husband found a fully filled replacement bottle in the storage under the house. This house had everything a person could ask for from movie dvds, music cassettes, board games, salt, pepper and other spices, coffee, tea, sugar and even shampoo and conditioner in the 2 large bathrooms. I can't say enough good things about the house and would highly recommend this accommodation to anyone looking for a home away from home while staying in Tofino.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Sportyster
Sheffield, UK
Reviewed 15 July 2007

Hermosa Suite is excellent accommodation if you prefer self catering. This is a house built on the cliff above the harbour with fantastic views of Meares Island and Clayoquot Sound. The upstairs is let as Hermosa Vista but we stayed in Hermosa Suite which is a 1 bedroom apartment. There is a large lounge/dining room which has a double sofa bed. There is a very well equipped kitchen, bathroom and shower room. Everywhere is spotlessly clean and well appointed. The best part is the large deck with barbeque and hot tub looking over the ocean where bald eagles soar above.
Below is the tiny harbour and there are always small boats arriving and leaving as well as the odd float plane.
The house is within easy walking distance of the local shops and restaurants. We would recommend the bear watching trip, you will see bears!

3 Thank cds5