“A real gem”
Review of Long Beach Haven

Long Beach Haven
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tofino
Long Beach Haven
Ranked #29 of 41 Tofino B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 August 2011

This place is a real gem. You have to remember that this is not a traditional B&B so lower you expectations and you will experience something new. It s not a hotel its someone's home. It is indeed zen like. Take your yoga mat and enjoy the peace and tranquility. Nicole is a wondeful spirit. This is my second year. I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank gulfislandman
There are newer reviews for Long Beach Haven

Reviewed 20 September 2010

My business associate and I had a thoroughly enjoyable time here. The only B&B right on Long Beach, and happily welcomed by the First Nations community. Nicole is very thoughtful, and has everything that you need. She was supportive of anything we asked for, and always a pleasure to speak with. I/ we would highly recommend this Long Beach Haven B&B to anyone! We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 28 August 2010

I visit Tofino several times a year and have done so all my life. This was my first time staying at the Long Beach Haven B&B. The best thing that can be said for the Long Beach Haven B&B is its location on Long Beach.

Nicole makes you feel like you are inconveniencing a friend by staying with them. She frequently reminds you that you should not expect her to do "everything" and she is reluctant to accommodate your schedule or basic needs to make your stay more comfortable. When an ornament went missing from the bathroom, my partner and I were outright wrongly accused of stealing. I was extremely offended.

3 couples sharing 1 bathroom is certainly not ideal. We were frequently waiting for the bathroom to be free and we were woken up late at night and early in the morning by other guests using the bathroom. The house is small and sound carries easily, like the noise from the tv in the common room. Breakfast is served at one group table at one time. We certainly did not receive the privacy that we expected or were hoping for.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
9  Thank SurferGirl321
Reviewed 3 January 2010

Nicole is a wonderful hostess, the beach is steps away ....set my alarm for 6am so i could stroll down the beach and take it all in. We wouldn't of stayed anywhere else!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2009

This B&B is clean but sparse. The service was good. Great breakfast. Our rooms were clean and comfortable, but there was very little furniture in the house. It was sparse. Not what one usually expects at a B&B. The B&B is located right on Long Beach (great) on a First Nations Reserve (interesting).

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
catherineTofino, owner at Long Beach Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2010

What some might see as 'sparse furniture' I envision as 'space to move around, dance or do yoga.

But don't worry. You will not be asked to sit on the floor! There is a couch in the living-room and also a great rocking-chair with a unique view of the beach, and some wonderful new cork flooring, and new courtains.

The bedrooms are basic but comfortable as well as affordable. So welcome, all you zen like-minded people! You will be able to walk on 13kms. of beaches at your doorstep and probably will not miss T.V.watching.

Nicole, owner and manager.

Reviewed 22 September 2008

We (alex & Kerstin from Germany) only stayed for one night... though we wish we stayed more.
It is has been great. In a great location (the only b&b in the area that is waterfront). So close to the sea. The beach is gorgeous The room was very basic and shared bathroom but for us it was fine. Nicole the owner has been really nice....I found it is perfect for a honeymoon or a couple searching for a romantic get away. We would definitely come back again when we are around.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Ah, the breakfast.... I know, I hate continental breakfasts too. That is why I no longer serve them.

In 2010, this is what you are likely to get for breakfast:: fresh orange juice, free-range eggs, organic whole grain bread, jam, arabica coffee. And it is now served with a view of Long Beach Bay.

Autres temps, autres moeurs!

Nicole

Reviewed 24 August 2008

My partner and I only stayed here one night... though we wish we stayed more. It is absolutely wonderful. In a great location (the only b&b in the area that is waterfront). Beautiful view from the suit! It was lovely enjoying our morning coffee while strolling on the sand.

The suite was clean and comfortable and breakfast was great.

Nicole was wonderful, friendly and honest about the location of the b&b. I find the comment below offensive and influenced by racism. We felt safe during our stay.

Next time I am out west I will defiantly go back and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tofino
Reef Point Cottages
#14 of 26 in Ucluelet
Harvey House B&B
Harvey House B&B
#3 of 41 in Tofino

Been to Long Beach Haven? Share your experiences!