“Lovely hosts and very cosy accommodation!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tofino
Bedwell Place Guest House
Ranked #26 of 41 Tofino B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 December 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our hosts very much made us feel at home. We also appreciated the privacy and cleanliness of our room and the vista we woke up to in the morning. Breakfast was also delicious! Happy to recomend this b&b to anyone visiting Tofino. Great value for money.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank harryandtrudy

Reviewed 19 September 2012

I would like to start out by saying that Suzanne and John are the nicest people. Very friendly and approachable.

On first impressions excellent Guest House. Everything seems very clean. Oops, not so much. I left some food out and within hours the place was crawling with ants, not one or two - I can deal with that. My food, the floor and the counter, covered with them. Needless to say my sleep was a little hindered with the thought of ants everywhere.

I mentioned the ant problem to Suzanne and her response was she knew about it but hadn't seen evidence. Well now you have evidence, we killed a lot of them and left them for evidence.

If this place can get rid of the ants I would recommend it. Nice location if you want to be close to town and breakfast was very good, if the ants don't get to it first.

Room Tip: Ask if the ant problem has been fixed.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ILoveTooTravel
BedwellPlace, Manager at Bedwell Place Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

When you are in the rainforest, you can expect ants. We do try very hard to effectively manage them but when you leave food out on the table, as was the case here, then that is an open invitation to them. Just as leaving food outside is an inviation to bears. A little common sense helps us to keep their visitations to a minimum.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

This B&B is in a fantastic location, right close to town. John and Suzanne who manage Bedwell Place are extremely friendly and accommodating and made us feel very welcome. They had interesting stories and even though they've only been in Tofino for a short time, are very knowledgeable about the area. We stayed in the room on the ground floor at the back, which was small but we were only there for one night, so it was fine. I would recommend staying in the upstairs room or the room at the front on the ground level, perhaps they are bigger.
We liked the vestibule/kitchen area on the ground floor, where there was a fridge, tea, etc. and also where an attractive and delicious continental breakfast was delivered in the morning.
We liked the location because we could just walk everywhere once we arrived and didn't have to drive.
The room was very clean and comfortable and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again if we are ever in Tofino.
Thank you John and Suzanne.

Room Tip: Suite on the upper floor would be bigger with a nice view. We would ask for that room if we are ever...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OConnorGoldwingers
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Three of us recently stayed in the deluxe suite at this B&B. The suite is very spacious and seems quite new. It has a nice balcony with a view of the ocean (across the main road into Tofino and over some trees) and is situated close enough to walk into town quite easily.
I wouldn't stay there again though!
First, when we were checking in, the owner of the B&B said to my mother, "Grandma, is a banana okay for you for breakfast?".... Meaning only a banana! I had mentioned that my mother was diabetic when I booked the place over a month ago and all she could come up with to serve her was a banana. (Grandma?!!?)
In the mornings we were served a tray with the banana (one!), 2 muffins (very very dry!), 2 yogurts, granola and 3 juice boxes for three of us. There's a coffee maker in the room, but she doesn't bring milk or cream unless you ask. When I pointed out that a banana was not enough for my mother's breakfast, she did bring us some thawed frozen fruit and bread and butter.
The other major problem with the place is the noise level. If your downstairs neighbours are talking in normal voices in their room at night, you will hear them very clearly in your room. We went out and got earplugs (as well as more breakfast fixings!) for our second night there.
The place is in good shape and kept pretty clean - except for a very full ashtray on the balcony. Sorry smokers but that is a big turn off for nonsmokers to encounter!
I recommend travelers look around for another place to stay or bring their own breakfast and earplugs!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JulieMay_12
Reviewed 31 July 2012

John & Suzanne made me feel like I had come for a visit to them(not Bedwell). Clean room, friendly, willing to go the extra mile. Great location. Suggested places to see, told me history. I did all without a car. What a memory of my stay. Thank you John & Suzanne.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I booked this accommodation for our three day stay in Tofino in September and we were not disappointed. Henry and Beverly were very welcoming and immediately informed us of the "must see" places, and as a result we saw the most amazing sunset at Chesterman Beach that evening. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable, with the shared use of a kitchenette with a fridge and microwave, where we could prepare an easy meal. Beverley arranged our boat trip to Hot Springs Cove and gave us lots of tips of where to eat. All in all a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: My friend and I had the front facing downstairs patio room with one bedroom, so I had to sleep on th...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Claire G
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I spent twice this spring a few nights at the Bedwell Place Guest House with my friends
! We found this place by accident and I just can say we had a really great time there
Henry and Beverly are such great hosts, so lovely and they took care of really everything. The helped us organizing some trips like the hot springs and they also gave us some good ideas what we shall do and see in and around tofino! So we could really take adventage of our trip and enjoyed it! The appartment was clean and fully equipped with everything you need! And for sure not forgetting the hot tube outside! It was amazing after a busy day to go in there and just relax! We had a wonderful stay at this place and we'll never forget it. We all said, if we have the chance we'll go back there again! We can just highly recommend it to go there!! :) Thanks for everything! Pam & Friends

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends