I recently stayed at Cox Bay resort for three nights with family, and we had a fabulous time. First of all, the location is spectacular. Just 7 km from the town of Tofino, and right on the beach.
Our room was excellent. There were three of us staying in a one bedroom unit. Two people in the bedroom, one on the pullout couch. Everything in the unit seemed to be high quality. I had the pullout couch and it was very comfortable. Lots of extra blankets and pillows.
We enjoyed having a fully equipped kitchen. We bought some crabs from the place across from the Esso station and cooked them in the room. The only thing missing in the kitchen was a proper shell cracker and crab forks, but we made do with the bottle opener :)
Our room had pretty much everything else we needed/wanted: fireplace, tv, wireless internet. It felt like a brand new condo.
Service was good. Most of the staff were quite friendly, smiled at us and said hello. Some other reviewers complained about sheets and towels not being changed often enough, but we didn't run into that problem.
Wifi was $10 for the whole stay. Parking was free and ample, although the hotel was pretty quiet (we were there off season) We did not use the hot tub because it was too cold outside (for us, anyway.) There was a fitness center and lounge but we did not check them out.
This is a beautiful hotel. I strongly recommend staying here, especially if you find a deal on the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Cox Bay Beach Resort, where the West Coast of Vancouver Island meets the full might of the Pacific Ocean, nature envelops you in a spiritual way. Powerful winter storms inspire awe while summer calm instills a sense of peace and tranquility. Cox Bay Beach Resort offers forty West Coast decor one and two-bedroom beach house suites. The resort also boasts a well-appointed common-use fitness centre, sauna, outdoor hot tub overlooking the beach, a wi-fi-enabled lounge with an expansive stone fireplace, and an elevated look-out pavilion where guests can sit, read and enjoy the unrivaled views of Cox Bay Beach. Nestled next to Pacific Rim National Park and situated within Clayoquot Sound, only a seven minute drive to the world-famous village of Tofino, Cox Bay Beach Resort provides easy access for exploring all the magnificence this World Heritage site has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cox Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cox Bay Beach Hotel Tofino
- Cox Bay Beach Resort Tofino, Canada - Vancouver Island