The Tin Wis is the ideal choice for anyone wanting a beautiful beach/oceanfront hotel accommodation in the Tofino area. With many great attributes, the key advantage of this hotel is that every room has a good view of the beach but the accommodation is different between the three buildings. We stayed in July and in the newest wing with three floors. Our unit was a corner room with a kitchenette, which is highly recommended! In this structure, ask for a room closer to the overpass (smaller numbers - like 501, 601, 701) so you have a better view down both sides of the beach. While the décor is adequate (not luxurious or quaint), the room was spacious, well equipped and had a great view! The kitchenette came with a toaster, kettle, mini-fridge, microwave, dish soap, and 2 stove top burners along with a sufficient supply of dishes but mish-mash of cutlery. Note that they don't supply paper towels or salt/pepper. The bed was comfortable. It was great to have a sofa to sit on. The balcony is roomy and had nice, new furniture for sitting and enjoying the view. Although mostly clean, their house keeping level could improve. When we arrived, there was a bag of garbage left in the closet and towels had not been stocked. We also found a dirty glasses, but the house keeping girls were very nice and were quick to fix these issues. It was nice to have the fireplace but the glass on the fireplace was too dirty to see the flames. A couple of other CONS to mention, these are - i) very slow WIFI and nearly not worth using and ii) no outdoor hot tub.
We loved the close proximity of the buildings to the beach and that there were benches and BBQs (gas and charcoal style) on or next to the beach for guest use. The booking process was also very easy with no deposits and super friendly front desk staff. And, there is ample parking.
We had a wonderful stay and I would consider returning. It is indeed, the best of the Best Western hotels! However, we felt it was not the best value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 85 luxurious oceanfront rooms The Best Western Tin Wis Resort Hotel offers impressive Tofino accommodations. Relax on your private patio and enjoy a perfect summer sunset. Feel the pulse of a winter storm from the comfort of your cozy bed with a most breathtaking view. With a variety of rooms to choose from, our Tofino Resort Hotel is sure to have exactly what you're looking for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Tin Wis Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Tin Wis Hotel Tofino
- Best Western Tofino
- Tofino Best Western
- Best Western Tin Wis Resort Tofino, Canada - Vancouver Island