“Great!”

MacKenzie Beach Resort
Ranked #18 of 20 Speciality Lodging in Tofino
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We just left this resort after a 2 night stay. This is our second stay and find the resort clean and staff are friendly and personable. The beach is beautiful. The resort is an older one but that is the charm and comfort of why we returned again.
Thank-you we will be back!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
MBR_Manager, General Manager at MacKenzie Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Daphne D,
Thank you for your very recent review and positive feedback of our little resort here at MacKenzie Beach, Tofino.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and you are already thinking of returning.
Our resort is more the rustic, "Tofino-ish" style which might not be everybody's cup of tea but I am thrilled that it was the right pick for you.
I am looking forward to seeing you again and next time don't forget to bring your dog.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 June 2014

the location of the cabins is just perfect! nothing beats the view at the oceanfront cabins where you can enjoy the most beautiful scenery either from inside or on the lawn in front of your cabin. We have been there twice already and we will definitely be going back many more times...

the new managers / hosts (Ben and Maddie) are VERY friendly, nice, helpful and down to earth

Room Tip: Beachfront or oceanview cabins
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
MBR_Manager, General Manager at MacKenzie Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Kschorno,
Thank you very much for your recent review of our little resort.
It is great that you enjoyed your stay with us and are already thinking of your next trip to Tofino.
I agree, our beachfront cabins offer that great sensation of being right on the beach and provide completely different views depending on season. You might want to think about your next trip to Tofino in the "Storm Season" where you can experience big waves and impressive storms, while sitting by the fire enjoying a hot cup of tea.
Maddie and I both appreciate your feedback about us as hosts, we had a great time with you as well and want thank you once more for your stay.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Wow, I had such a great time at Mackenzie Beach. They upgraded my girlfriend and I to a 1 bedroom cabin and were so kind and helpful. They have a new management team there, and they made it one of my favourite places to stay. I've been to Tofino many times, and stayed at other similar resorts, but Mackenzie has been my favourite. The pool and hot tub are a good size, and having the beach a few steps away is awesome. Your only five minuets from Tacofino, and the convenience store, as well as surf rentals.

The cabins are such a great size, and the fire places keep things warm and cosy. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was dark enough to sleep in the morning if you wanted to. Wifi was pretty good, was able to watch Netflix.

All in all a great trip to a beautiful place!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MBR_Manager, General Manager at MacKenzie Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Hi surferSam05,

We from the MacKenzie Beach Resort appreciate your recent review and great ratings of our little resort here at beautiful Mackenzie Beach, Tofino.

I am thrilled that you had such a great time with us and we made you feel welcome. We are doing our best to make every guest feel the same way you experienced.

I am also glad that you have had good wifi connection. This is a very touchy subject up here in Tofino, you never know how strong the signal will be.

I am looking forward to seeing you again in the future and wish you all the best,

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

May long weekend 2014- I read reviews on here that they offered camping. Every where else was booked. We arrived and checked out the "camping". Not what I had expected. 10 spots of some logs on the lawn seperated no privacy on the beach. So unless you know all your neighbours very weird set up to have your tent almost touching someone else's. The other spots a on a gravel road with very small sites that a tent could barely get into.

However that being said the cabins looked wonderful and the whole place was clean and staff were nice.

Just not what i was expecting for a place offering camp sites. I called Bella pasifica which is right next door and they had a few places left so we went there instead!

Stayed: May 2014
MBR_Manager, General Manager at MacKenzie Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Travelbugg444,

Thank you very much for your review of our resort.

I read your comments and remarks with great interest and judging by the positive tone of your overall feedback of the resort, the cabins and the staff, a total rating of 1 seems fairly harsh.

I would like to take this opportunity to explain the resort's new camping & rv policies as well as give my sight of the story.

Due to the last year's problems with campers we changed our company policy from reservations in advance to walk in bookings only. This means that the customer chooses his or her own site, he or she can have a look at the site before paying for it, so we do not have the problems with bad reviews. The beachfront camping in particular is only for small tents and not suitable for cars. If you are looking for bigger sites where you can fit your car in, you would have to choose the sites in the back.
The beachfront campsites have been newly laid out, new sand and soil has been put down and on the weekend that you are referring to, we were particularly busy on the beachfront.

Reading your remarks regarding the sites on the beach and their size as well as the proximity to their individual neighbours, I can agree. The beachfront tent sites are smaller than the ones at back, however we provide our customers with that great beach access that no other resort on the Mackenzie Beach can offer.

You finished your review of the Mackenzie Beach Resort with the paragraph about your change of mind and your booking with Bella Pacifica instead. This is exactly why we have walk-in bookings only, so that customers have the choice.

I would like to invite you to review our resort again, maybe choose to stay in one of our larger tent sites which are just being remodelled and expanded. These sites will offer you more privacy and space for your tent.

Please get in touch with me directly through our office so we can discuss this further.

Kind regards

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Visiting Tofino, the week of April 21, 2014 I had quite a few choices of locations to stay at. At the local Info centre I perused the postings for all vacancies in the locale. I am pleased to have chosen Mackenzie Beach Resort. My stay was in Cabin 12.

The weather was very wet and the 6.6 earthquake at Port Alice, made for interesting comments, although not felt locally. The cabin was warm, super clean and inviting. The full service kitchen easily handled my sea food bake and cared for my chilled bottles of Okanagan wine (yes bottles). After my day hikes, the full size bathroom (tub and shower) kept me clean. The leather sofa invited, while the gas fireplace added to the warmth and the ambience of the cabin. The view to the ocean was straight on and like me, if you like the sound of the waves, open the patio door, pull up a chair on the deck, sip a glass of wine and drink it all in, or take your wine for a walk. The beach fronting the resort is just a few steps away. I totally enjoyed the spectacular views (sunset and sunrise). Directly behind the cabin is the building which houses the full size swimming pool and hot tub (both salt water). A wonderful swim and soak welcomes. It was a great way to end my hikes and trekking the many beaches.

Ben and Maddy were my gracious hosts. They were easy to chat with and very accommodating with answers for any questions I had about the local cuisine, places to go and things to do.

I have stayed at the neighbouring Best Western Tin Wis and its opposite neighbour Bella Pacifica, both are okay. However, I am pleased I took the chance on Mackenzie Beach. Reasonably priced, clean and a wonderful location, Mackenzie Beach Resort is the Gem on the Rim. I will be back.

Room Tip: Cabin was awesome
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
MBR_Manager, General Manager at MacKenzie Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Hi Geo,

Thank you very much for your great review.

I am glad that the 1 bedroom cabin offered everything you wanted and the pool and hot tub seemed to have rounded up your days with us.

It was a pleasure chatting with you and getting to you know you a little bit.

I really hope to see you again in the future and wish you all the best until then,

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed at Mackenzie beach resort on April 26-28th. Stayed in a very accommodating cabin #12... Very Clean One bedroom cabin (with a bathtub.)....had no issues at all ... Everything we needed was in the unit The resort itself is Clean, Quiet and well maintained .Parking is plentiful ...a very short walk to the beach from the cabins up top...where we were... some cabins are right on the beach.(bigger 2 and 3 bedrooms) we very much enjoyed our stay at this resort and for sure would recommend it to anyone going to Tofino!! It Is Close to town and restaurants....Also has ON site POOL and Hot tub that are well maintained.. we will re-book straight threw "Ben" the next time! 250 725 3439
Really Nice couple running the resort!

Room Tip: Cabins on the Beach are bigger 2-3 bedrooms..(.3 bedroom cabin has it's very own hot tub :) )
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

HI Sam,

Thank you very much for your recent review of our resort.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and you took the time to give us some feedback.
The 1 bedroom cabins are in my opinion just the right size for a little get-away and they come with everything you need to enjoy your stay. I am glad that you see it the same way.

I would be delighted to offer you our services again, here at MacKenzie Beach Resort.

All the best,

Reviewed 30 April 2014

the excellent service started months ago when I first started to enquire about the facilities. After changing our minds (and our reservations) three times - Ben was still friendly and helpful. The great service continued from the moment we arrived until we left four days later. Our questions were answered and our various requests were met very quickly and with a smile. Very comfortable accommodations and you can't beat the view.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Hi Vicki,

Thank you very much for your recent review of our resort.

I am delighted that you enjoyed you and your family enjoyed your stay with us here at Mackenzie Beach. The view from our beachfront cottages is great and I am glad you still enjoyed your time after all the rain we had.

Also a big thanks to you for your comments on our service. We try to go the extra mile for every customer and we of course hope that this also comes across.

All the best and hope to see you again, the storm season is also very impressive in one of our beachfront cottages....