I have worked in Hotels and Resorts for the past 20 years and have never seen anything like this! They put the amount for the room through to our visa when we booked the room. Two months in advance!!!!! We have never felt more unwelcomed anywhere! Just plain rude.
Then there are the rules. Rules, rules and more rules. Don't do this and don't do that, and if you do they have a price list of all the offenses.
There was no mirror in the room to do your hair. The plug in the bathroom didn't work. This place was a step up from camping in a tent. The grounds were a mess, the linen looked dirty and there was no way I would get into the pool and hot tub. Yuk!
This place was extremely expensive for getting nothing. I mean nothing. Not enough toilet paper, no filters for the coffee maker, the remote for the smallest t.v. in the world didn't work.
Take my advice and stay at Pacific Sands or Middlebeach Lodge, anywhere but here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront Resort is located on beautiful MacKenzie Beach and has cabins and suites only 2km from town of Tofino. Camping area for tents and RV's. Indoor heated salt water swimming pool(which is currently down for repairs) and hot tub for guests Resort & camping open year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your MacKenzie Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mackenzie Beach Hotel Tofino
- MacKenzie Beach Resort Tofino, Canada - Vancouver Island