MacKenzie Beach Resort
Tofino Resort + Marina(Tofino)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$261
US$254
Best Western Tin Wis Resort(Tofino)(Great Value!)
US$250
US$235
Agoda.com
Tofino Motel HarbourView(Tofino)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$262
Travelocity
Middle Beach Lodge(Tofino)(Great Value!)
US$322
US$276
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmackenzie beachcoffee grinderwood stovebedroom cabinpouring raingreat beachoff seasonsound of the wavestofino areaocean viewstorm watchingdorothydogfirewoodkitchensurfingwalks
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 4 November 2005

This was a weekend for celebrating our parent's 60th wedding anniversary. 19 of us travelled from various parts of BC, and one came from Vienna, Austria. We booked our reservations early (the three cabins nearest the beach), and the process was easily completed, with a minimal deposit, done on a credit card, by courteous staff.
The surroundings are stunning! The sound of the waves crashing to shore, the miles and miles of beach to roam.. rain or no rain... wonderful! The cabins were cosy and comfortable for the most part. We all snuggled into the largest cabin for meals and the evenings.
The bent and tilted hide-a-bed in cabin 3 provided the only uncomfortable sleep, but that was solved by night two when the mattress was pulled onto the floor. Those in beds had comfortable sleeps.
Towels seemed to be "rationed"... something we didn't figure out very well. Toilet paper too.
Most didn't care about the TV's or reception.. we were too busy visiting, walking the beach, or playing Cranium. We didn't care about not having a phone either.
The kitchen facilities were great, a full turkey dinner,(one of the staff offered the loan of a roasting pan, but I'd brought one), lasagna and apple crisp were created. We appreciated the coffee grinder (had brought our own, just in case). We came prepared with our own toiletries.
Several enjoyed the hot tub and pool.
A couple of us noticed a stale "smoke" smell (tobacco, not wood smoke) that seemed to linger in the bedrooms.
It was raining very heavily by the third day and especially in the dark, the lighting down the stairway to the beach-front cabins was very poor making it seem unsafe.
All this to say there were some problems,perhaps some due to the large group, but I would go again in a heartbeat just to be by the sea.

• Stayed: October 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 November 2005

Thanksgiving weekend 05 was our third family visit to this beautiful resort We had also visited for a late family "Christmas" in January 04, and labor day weekend a few yrs before. A great resort for off season visits I would say... way less people about on the beach, very relaxed and stress free. Bad weather made us enjoy the accomodations that much more! A great fire place in our cabin ( sorry cant remember which one it was, but was set back one tier from the beach)Lots of fire wood available, and seasonal decorations in vases around the cabin are obviously gleaned from the natural setting. I love these kind of touches. We noticed the cabins have been re-done. I liked them before, but now they are even more adorable. Actually I would describe them as very homey and cozy, with a french country twist. Not high end and pretentious but just the kind of familiar homey look I would want around me at my house. ( I have actually stolen a few simple ideas to try ). Anyway I definitely prefer off season and the worse the weather the better I value the accomodations! A fabulous shelter from the storm to come back to after a brisk walk on the beaches.

1  Thank hsclnurse
Chilliwack, BC
Reviewed 29 October 2005

My husband and I stayed in Cabin #2 at the resort in October. It was right on the beach so we had a clear view of the rolling surf, we opened the window to hear it also. The cabin was perfectly done up with special touches like thick thirsty towels in the bathroom, down filled comforters on the beds, lovely appointed kitchen. They supplied us with 2 bundles of firewood for the wood stove, more than enough, but the cabin was cosy from the moment we stepped in. The staff were friendly and gave great advise on what to do and where to go when we asked them. Would highly recommend this place to anyone. It is so perfect we are going to rent several cabins next time and have our children and grandchildren join us. Definitely four thumbs up from the two of us.

• Stayed: October 2005
Burlington, ON
Reviewed 14 October 2005

Just had a life changing experience

- awsome view, great waves, great nature (floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Pacific)
- clean rooms, real duvets, awsome beds (coffee in bed)
- central location
- great surfing, endless beach
- indoor pool and spa (very clean and calming)
- quiet - relaxing
- on site sports equip like kayaks readily available - horseshoes on the beach
- hosts very accommodating, helpful and courtious

LIFE ALTERING!!!

John & Shannon
We'll be Back

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 October 2005

I have worked in Hotels and Resorts for the past 20 years and have never seen anything like this! They put the amount for the room through to our visa when we booked the room. Two months in advance!!!!! We have never felt more unwelcomed anywhere! Just plain rude.

Then there are the rules. Rules, rules and more rules. Don't do this and don't do that, and if you do they have a price list of all the offenses.

There was no mirror in the room to do your hair. The plug in the bathroom didn't work. This place was a step up from camping in a tent. The grounds were a mess, the linen looked dirty and there was no way I would get into the pool and hot tub. Yuk!

This place was extremely expensive for getting nothing. I mean nothing. Not enough toilet paper, no filters for the coffee maker, the remote for the smallest t.v. in the world didn't work.

Take my advice and stay at Pacific Sands or Middlebeach Lodge, anywhere but here!

Stayed: October 2005