My husband and I stayed here for a quick weekend honeymoon and we were more than impressed with Pacific Sands. Check in was a breeze, the staff was very friendly and welcoming. In our room we found a card signed by all the staff wishing us a happy honeymoon, wine, chocolates and other goodies. We stayed in the Lighthouse Suites and were happy with our location and happy that they honoured our request to be on the top floor. The room itself was nice and comfortable. We didn't find the bed all that comfortable so we ended up sleeping on the pull out sofa bed our 2nd night and it was great being able to see the ocean and hear the waves. Next time we will probably forgo the room with the extra bedroom and just book a studio room.
The grounds are clean and well kept. The reception building is also very clean and has a small selection of food/drinks available. We took advantage of the games and movies they provide as well. Every employee we encountered was friendly, helpful and very accomodating. By the end of only our first night we were already talking about when we could return to Tofino and the Pacific Sands. We lucked out and managed to see some stormy weather and some sun. We took advantage of the raincoats provided and got out onto the beach to watch the waves coming in. When it got sunny we walked along the boardwalk path to Pettinger Point and were greeted to gorgeous views. Best of both worlds!
I can't think of any negatives we encountered while staying here. They have a great group of room selections that would suit anyone. They are close to town, only a short drive away. We only wish we had stayed during a time of the year when they provide bikes so we could have biked into town. You will not be disappointed with this resort and I have already recommended Pacific Sands to family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pacific Sands Beach Resort is located on 41 pristine acres of property and 2500 feet of ocean front on Cox Bay. Adjacent to the Pacific Rim National Park all suites and Luxury Beach Houses offer spectacular ocean or beach front views, mesmerizing sunsets and breathtaking storm watching. A walk to Pettinger Point is a must. Enjoy unrivaled culinary splendors at one of Tofino's many restaurants. Adventure tours of the Clayoquot Sound, beach combing and surfing are the most popular activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Pacific Sands Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Sands Beach Hotel Tofino
- Pacific Sands Beach Tofino
- Pacific Sands Beach Resort Tofino, Canada - Vancouver Island