After an upsetting episode with a staff member last Easter, Pacific Sands issued me a 2-day gift certificate (with date & time limitations). I returned to the resort on Mar. 10 & 11 2012. I found lots of coffee filters in the condiment basket (staff refused to provide me with a 5-cent filter last time I was here). I had a good laugh however when I discovered the English Breakfast tea tin empty! hahahaaaa I wasn't concerned as I bring my own tea and I'm sure I would have been supplied with some had I asked. The villa was in the last group away from the main beach but it was only a short walk away. I was realy disappointed to see so many dogs running on the beach off leash. In a 1.5 hr period I counted over 8 dogs running loose and had one repeatedly attempting to jump up on me. The owner had to finally grab the dog by the collar and hold it. I also observed several dogs marking the logs (peeing on them) so I did not sit on the logs and watch the waves as I would normally do. I do not dislike dogs, quite the opposite actually but I do not want a wet and muddy dog jumping on me. If I was paying $400+ a night for a stay I would not want to be dealing with other peoples uncontrolled pets. I am glad I had the chance to return but would not re-book due to the dog issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pacific Sands Beach Resort is located on 41 pristine acres of property and 2500 feet of ocean front on Cox Bay. Adjacent to the Pacific Rim National Park all suites and Luxury Beach Houses offer spectacular ocean or beach front views, mesmerizing sunsets and breathtaking storm watching. A walk to Pettinger Point is a must. Enjoy unrivaled culinary splendors at one of Tofino's many restaurants. Adventure tours of the Clayoquot Sound, beach combing and surfing are the most popular activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Pacific Sands Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Sands Beach Hotel Tofino
- Pacific Sands Beach Tofino
- Pacific Sands Beach Resort Tofino, Canada - Vancouver Island