“Lots of filters this time & no drama”

Pacific Sands Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Courtenay, Canada
“Lots of filters this time & no drama”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

After an upsetting episode with a staff member last Easter, Pacific Sands issued me a 2-day gift certificate (with date & time limitations). I returned to the resort on Mar. 10 & 11 2012. I found lots of coffee filters in the condiment basket (staff refused to provide me with a 5-cent filter last time I was here). I had a good laugh however when I discovered the English Breakfast tea tin empty! hahahaaaa I wasn't concerned as I bring my own tea and I'm sure I would have been supplied with some had I asked. The villa was in the last group away from the main beach but it was only a short walk away. I was realy disappointed to see so many dogs running on the beach off leash. In a 1.5 hr period I counted over 8 dogs running loose and had one repeatedly attempting to jump up on me. The owner had to finally grab the dog by the collar and hold it. I also observed several dogs marking the logs (peeing on them) so I did not sit on the logs and watch the waves as I would normally do. I do not dislike dogs, quite the opposite actually but I do not want a wet and muddy dog jumping on me. If I was paying $400+ a night for a stay I would not want to be dealing with other peoples uncontrolled pets. I am glad I had the chance to return but would not re-book due to the dog issue.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, the villas would not be the best choice as the bedrooms are upstairs an...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank sok30_11
pacificsands, Manager at Pacific Sands Beach Resort, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear SOK30_11,

We are glad that we were able to welcome you back to our Resort and that you enjoyed your stay for the most part.
Just to let you know, for future travel plans that all beaches in the area are considered public and we find that most pet owners are very respectful and pick up after their pets.
Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards....Lara Kemps/Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2012

The Pacific Sands Resort was the perfect choice for our 2 families with 4 adults, 2 dogs and 2 Toddlers we stayed in one of the 2 bedroomed villas and it was ideal. Clean, fresh, well equipped and with a Sea Front View to die for. The staff were very accommodating and welcoming and I was particulary impressed with the dog bowls, treats, towels and outdoor shower facilities for our 2 enthusiastic, sand covered dogs! We used the BBQ's in the Gazebo, despite the pouring rain and found them well heated & well equipped. Our toddlers particularly enjoyed bathing in the giant Bath Tub in the master bedroom which looked out on to the beach. A great mini-break which I would highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Katie P
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2012

This hotel immediately charges your credit card. When you cancel, not only do you have to pay a $35 cancelation fee, you also have to wait for the bank to process your money back, which apparently can take up to 4 weeks. According to the lady on the phone this is the fault of the bank not theirs..... I travel quite a lot, never experienced a hotel actually taking the money of my credit card, a hold, maybe....
Do not book here unless you are 100% sure you are planning to go!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Joris L
pacificsands, Manager at Pacific Sands Beach Resort, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear Joris L,

It is common practice of all resorts in the area to take a deposit of one night or more. Our cancellation policy clearly states that we do require seven days notice of cancellation and there is a $35 fee to cancel outside of the seven days. On all of our literature and online this is clearly stated. We are sorry that we have offended you in any way.

Lara Kemps
Resort Manager
Squamish, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This was our 3rd stay and once again everything was perfect. Surf right out front and great rooms at an affordable rate during the winter months. Not only is it dog friendly, but the welcomed our dog with biscuits, towels and dog bowls. I don't see why we'd stay anywhere else!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ccharp
calgary
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Wow this was a fantastic resort. Location, service, activities, staff, everything was terrific.
We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Great for kids, so much to do.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Parksville, Canada
Reviewed 7 March 2012

This was an absolutely fantastic place to run away to. We booked this weekend through travelzoo for 1/2 price and had a terrific time. The storm watching, walking in the rain, treating ourselves to a nite out in town for dinner, and then the next evening cooking in. Everything that their website said about the resort was correct. Friendly staff and very helpful with the smallest of items. I would recommend this getaway for anyone who just needs to step back and take a large deep breath again---and "smell the roses". We did!!

Room Tip: We had a 2nd floor unit, so that we could have a great view of the ocean---and we did. Watching the...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Nanaimo
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Just as the other reviewers state, everything about this resort was great. I think they thought of everything one would need including heavy rain jackets in the room.
All the staff were friendly and helpful.
Great location as activities and restaurants are close by - both in Tofino and Ucluelet.

Room Tip: We had a wonderful view of the stormy ocean, and beach from our beachfront suite on the 2nd floor...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple