Our family (from seniors to toddlers) booked 3 oceanview suites and 1 lighthouse suite for 3 nights. This was our second visit to Tofino area. Our first visit was at another property and it poured (it is, after all, in the rainforest). But, sunny weather does make a difference to the enjoyment of your stay.
Cox bay is very clean but busy with surfers. Little kids had fun with the fine sand and beachcombing. The Sunset walking trail on the property is well-kept, short enough for seniors to manage.
This is a very kid-friendly property. The noise can be annoying for those trying to have a romantic get-away...would suggest going to an adult-only place. Our friends stayed in the villas, which are quieter.
The adults without children had second floor suites and families with children under 15 were assigned ground level rooms. This is clearly stated on the hotel website. The rooms were clean, pet-free, odour-free and well-equipped with kitchen stuff. Ground floor rooms were bright on sunny days. Kid-free suites had lighter colored furniture.
Having a vehicle can make your stay less inconvenient. If you do not have a vehicle, staying at an all-inclusive place may be a better idea (for meals, walks etc)
We used the large gazebo every night to BBQ meals and boil our locally purchased crab. The resort provides crab pots, crackers and roasting sticks to use in their large enclosed firepit. The kid-free adults ate at the Schooner in Tofino (OK) and at the Pointe restaurant (Wickinninish Inn) for breakfast (affordable and marvelous).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pacific Sands Beach Resort is located on 41 pristine acres of property and 2500 feet of ocean front on Cox Bay. Adjacent to the Pacific Rim National Park all suites and Luxury Beach Houses offer spectacular ocean or beach front views, mesmerizing sunsets and breathtaking storm watching. A walk to Pettinger Point is a must. Enjoy unrivaled culinary splendors at one of Tofino's many restaurants. Adventure tours of the Clayoquot Sound, beach combing and surfing are the most popular activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Pacific Sands Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Sands Beach Hotel Tofino
- Pacific Sands Beach Tofino
- Pacific Sands Beach Resort Tofino, Canada - Vancouver Island