“Memorable, for all the right reasons”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tofino
Red Crow Guesthouse
Ranked #6 of 41 Tofino B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Our stay at Red Crow was one of the highlights of our tour of British Columbia, Alaska & Washington state. Its location is unbeatable for viewing wildlife, fantastic scenery and relaxing. We stayed in the River Otter suite, which was very comfortable. We were made to feel very welcome, but were also allowed complete privacy. Sleep quality is very high because of the peace & quiet of the location, plus comfortable bed/bedding. A fabulous breakfast (different each day) was delivered to our room each morning. Even on the day it rained, we sat on our verandah watching hummingbirds feeding on hollyhocks a metre away, bald eagles nesting in a nearby tree and river otters swimming in the inlet. Absolute heaven!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rosepink22
There are newer reviews for Red Crow Guesthouse

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Wake up to see bald eagles and hummingbirds and tremendous views out over the Inlet. Take a trip in your complimentary canoe and come back to fruit crumble for breakfast, the first time I have had fruit crumble for breakfast but hopefully not the last.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rick S
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We'd read the reviews and thought everyone must have been exaggerating - but they were not!! This is a little piece of heaven in Tofino. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in and eating breakfast on our decking watching the view was a highlight of our holiday. We really enjoyed the different breakfast we had each day and the fact that it was delivered to our door for us to eat when and where we wanted. We were very sad to leave.

Room Tip: We had the Black Bear Suite - wonderful views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Millimad
Reviewed 21 June 2014

After a long drive from Cambell River it was a wonderful experience to arrive at this beautiful house. Although there was no one at home there was a welcoming note on the porch to let yourself in and make yourself at home! And what a home! Calm colours and furniture and plenty of space. We were in the Sanctuary suite upstairs and although we did not have a balcony the view was to die for! There are only three rooms and the only time we saw other guests was when we were leaving. We felt very privileged to have this beautiful room.

Melanie more than made us feel at home and even did my washing for me! Her breakfasts would leave any corporate 5* hotel standing as she cooks everything fresh for you every day and leaves it on a tray outside your room with a discreet knock to let you know
it's arrived. Her warm berry granola has to be tasted to be believed!

I could go on but I think you get the message - this place was heaven!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My partner and I stayed 2 nights in Ucluelet and were treated EXTREMELY well. Having made previous reservations with the Red Crow we left "Ukee" with a heavy heart. I am SOOOOO glad we did!

From the time of my first phone call to the Red Crow, I knew I would be staying there. Ann, the owner, was sternly gracious as she stood her ground on our agreed upon rate, thwarting my devious attempts to save a buck. You see, I am in the restaurant/hospitality industry and think I should warrant an "industry" deal wherever I go. Ann, would have none of it! AS IT SHOULD BE!

We booked the "Garden Cottage" for only 2 nights. All be it mid week in the slow/"moderate" season. When we arrived, awestruck as we were, I realized, had I been more stern I may have worn her down. I am truly glad I didn't! Our stay was worth 10 times what we actually paid.

My partner and I were truly blessed on this trip. EVERYTHING, and I mean everything, worked to our advantage. We had UNSPEAKABLY GREAT weather from Sunday to Thursday. All our accommodations turned out to be exquisite! Anything we decided to do was open to us. When we hiked or walked a beach we were literally alone! This WAS the best couples vacation!

The Red Crow was integral to this. We booked the cottage... Oh my God! Quaint, Remote. Private. CLEAN....and I mean CLEAN! I am a stickler for this stuff! CLEAN beyond what you would expect from a privately owned and operated "guesthouse and cottage".

Though I was mildly disappointed we did not have the opportunity to meet the owner Ann herself, her long time employee and I am guessing friend Mylanie (sorry if my spelling is off) went all out to take care of us!

We are a gay couple. That, from the first phone call had NO impact on the service, respect and absolute professionalism we witnessed. We chose the Red Crow in part because of the free use of the bicylces and canoes. My partner has never canoed before. Upon arrival, Mylanie took it upon herself to inform us, as we are a little slow on the uptake when we have an idea in mind, of the tidal schedules, where to find water taxis for our other adventurous pursuits. Going so far as to call a contact that wasn't even listed. She directed us where to shop, whom to talk to, as well as the ins and outs of the property, which as it turned out, was completely ours (that sly business woman Ann,.. had I been more forceful..... oh never mind)!

The cottage was picturesque! The service beyond compare! The remote, private, outdoor (and I mean outdoor... A short walk on a boardwalk into the forest and you are in your own private tub in the middle of old growth cedars "private'! AWESOME!) hot tub. Our own garden, pick nick table, fire pit.....the list goes on!

Though my partner and I were on a "couples" vacation, we varied a few times from the "two of us" agenda. On our way from Ucluelet to Tofino we gave lift to a great girl going home to work. She pointed us in the direction of what turned out to be one of our best adventures. Sorry....I digress. My point here is this: We were on a couples vacation and literally had that all 4 days. On the last day, BECAUSE of the exceptional treatment from the Red Crow staff, we invited Mylanie and the girl working at the resort from Germany (also Ann) to dinner on our final night. I sincerely hope I am not causing trouble for them because they accepted as we wished. Mylanie later revealed that this invitation had been offered a few times in her previous 7 years of service but she had never accepted. To this my partner and I attached great honor and respect. Mylanie and Ann arrived with a great organic homegrown salad and a rice pilaf to compliment the bar b que salmon with dill butter and asparagus with summer squash that we had prepared. Without a doubt, this was the best dinner of our vacation. Great stories, awesome antidotes, poignant moments, heartfelt emotions. I...WE, will never forget our stay here!

The personal connection aside, I am in the restaurant/hospitality business. The ownership and the staff at the Red Crow "get" it! They are intuitive, empathetic, understanding, and ultimately willing to go the extra mile to please!

With a double thumbs up! With a 20 out of 10! With an above perfect score, I RECOMMEND the Red Crow! You would be remiss and shorting yourself to shell out at least twice, if not three times the amount to stay on the "west" side of Tofino with hundreds of other "lemmings" in a prefab, soulless, corporate resort.

Take the opportunity to experience true rest. True peacefulness. True relaxation. Experience the Red Crow! Benjamin and I did and will NEVER hesitate to recommend the choice!

Thank You SOO much Red Crow! Especially Mylanie and Ann!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank DecdentBoy
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I can't recommend this B&B enough. I was a bit worried when emailing the owner initially as her replies were quite sporadic and sometimes curt but once we got here all was fine.

Ann, the owner was lovely. And her property is amazing. Everything that the other reviewers have written is spot on. Stay here over some of the other places, which simply don't compare. It is private, quiet, homely, comfortable and relaxing with lots of amenities - canoes, bikes, a hot tub in a forrest - all available for free guest use. It would have been nice if breakfast was included in the price but that's my only constructive criticism.

And to top it all off, Ann's lovely daughter, who was in town for a wedding, gave us a lift into Tofino to catch our bus back to Vancouver on our last morning. That's the definition of hospitality - other B&B owners take note!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We were able to get the Garden Cottage for one night during a short stay in Tofino. This cottage normally requires a 3 or 4 night minimum stay during the summer, but we lucked into the gap between 2 reservations. The Red Crow is just on the edge of Tofino, close enough that you could easily ride a bike on the trail into the town. It is also only a few minutes to the north beaches of Pacific Rim park.

What a perfect cottage: clean, nicely furnished, well equipped, plenty of room for a family of 5. The cottage does not include the Guesthouse breakfast, but we has access to the property, the beautiful view of the sound, the hot tub in the woods. The cottage has a BBQ and a fire pit, though we did not have time to use them.

If (when!) we go back to Tofino, I would plan our trip around staying in that cottage for a few days.

Room Tip: The Guest Cottage would be ideal for a family, or 2 couples
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family