We have stayed here 4 times, twice with our small dog. The accommodations are cozy and comfortable and beautifully in keeping with the West Coast theme. Being located in a pacific rainforest, on arguably one of the most beautiful beaches on the West Coast, the ambiance and attention to detail from all the staff makes for a relaxing experience. We have stayed both in the Pointe and the Beach rooms. Both are lovely. The Pointe building is closer to the water and contains the restaurant and spa so in storm season, you would not have to venture outside if you chose not to! The Beach rooms are quite a bit bigger and still have a wonderful beach view. I imagine there are no bad rooms here! Linens and towels very high quality - beautiful soaker tub overlooking the beach in 302 where we stayed this time. Our relatives claim that 309 has the best view - lots of light and windows (the Pointe). The spa treatments are all top-notch - opt for the Cedar hut overlooking the beach for a spectacular couples massage. You can even do a yoga class. The amenities for your dog include a kennel, comfy bed, treats, a ball-chucker, bowls & even dog-sitting services at a very friendly rate. The staff go out of their way to make your stay everything one could expect of a 5 star property. As returning guests, we were greeted with a lovely fruit tray and welcome note. If you want to spurge on a romantic get-away or just escape to a tranquil place and walk for miles on a pristine beach, watching the waves and surfers roll in - this is THE place! Check out the Pointe Restaurant review separately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wickaninnish Inn, a Relais & Chateaux property since 1997, overlooks the Pacific Ocean from a rocky point on Vancouver Island’s rugged west coast, near the eclectic town of Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park. Two contemporary cedar buildings, set against a backdrop of ancient rainforest, boast an extensive local art collection (complemented by the neighbouring wood carving shed), and all rooms and suites offer ocean or beach views, gas fireplace, soaker tub and individual balcony. Uncompromising service, including a Clefs d’Or Concierge team, is a standard. The sole resort on Chesterman Beach, Tofino’s longest at 2.5km/1.5mi, the Inn is home to refined West Coast cuisine at The Pointe Restaurant and naturally-inspired treatments at its intimate Ancient Cedars Spa. Tofino’s McDiarmid family welcomes you to this locally owned, world renowned sanctuary offering Rustic Elegance on Nature’s Edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, World Independent Hotel Promotion, MrandMrsSmith and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wickaninnish Inn and The Pointe Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Hotel Tofino
- The Wickaninnish Hotel And Pointe
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Tofino, Canada - Vancouver Island