Yes, it's remote - no one finds the Wickaninnish Inn accidentally, but the trip through the rainforest (5-6 hours from Victoria) is part of the experience not to be missed. Once at the Inn, the staff couldn't do enough for us, whether it was arranging hikes, making dinner and spa reservations or just getting us oriented. How can one not be impressed with picture windows (from both the bedroom and the bathroom) overlooking the ocean, framed by old-growth trees? Nothing is forgotten: blankets for extending the hours on the balcony, chocolates and bubble bath upon arrival, in-room binoculars for whale watching, the use of personal storm gear and a back pack, a heated bathroom floor, a library including DVDs. You are just steps from the beach, steps from the spa and restaurant. As a bonus, the food in the town of Tofino was suprisingly excellent - at least three supurb restaurants (and a great bakery for breaksfast - try the breakfast pizza (amazing)). The food and drink prices are on the high side, but considering the remote location, that is understandable. I have absolutely no complaints and enthusiastically recommend the "Wick."
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wickaninnish Inn, a Relais & Chateaux property since 1997, overlooks the Pacific Ocean from a rocky point on Vancouver Island’s rugged west coast, near the eclectic town of Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park. Two contemporary cedar buildings, set against a backdrop of ancient rainforest, boast an extensive local art collection (complemented by the neighbouring wood carving shed), and all rooms and suites offer ocean or beach views, gas fireplace, soaker tub and individual balcony. Uncompromising service, including a Clefs d’Or Concierge team, is a standard. The sole resort on Chesterman Beach, Tofino’s longest at 2.5km/1.5mi, the Inn is home to refined West Coast cuisine at The Pointe Restaurant and naturally-inspired treatments at its intimate Ancient Cedars Spa. Tofino’s McDiarmid family welcomes you to this locally owned, world renowned sanctuary offering Rustic Elegance on Nature’s Edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Wickaninnish Inn and The Pointe Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Hotel Tofino
- The Wickaninnish Hotel And Pointe
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Tofino, Canada - Vancouver Island