My husband booked a surprise birthday weekend for me, and well, seems the entire town wanted to help me celebrate. Lily, a trainee at the front desk, helped him with the most perfect accommodations, dining, services, and well, just nice people wishing me happy birthday wherever I went. The room (212 in the Pointe ... Original building ) may have just had the most perfect view ever. Beautiful example of west coast architecture with more amenities than one could hope for (tub and shower had such a great view too). Discreet turn down service and valet ( two things which always make me uncomfortable, but were handled quietly and with no weirdness). The dining was unbelievably good (three choices of amazing home made bread, white bean, kale stew type thing with home-made apricot fennel sausage and a delicate slice of perfectly cooked halibut, the most gorgeous orange and black presentation of papardelle negro, carrot orange purree with salmon and butter poached crab, crazy good chocolate cherry desert and a delectable semolina pistachio cake.... Ooooo so good). The beach was amazing, the storms are epic, the art is quite local and well- curated, even stumbled across. local printmaker and carver. Efficient friendly service at every corner with a beautiful setting that made me feel very very special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wickaninnish Inn, a Relais & Chateaux property since 1997, overlooks the Pacific Ocean from a rocky point on Vancouver Island’s rugged west coast, near the eclectic town of Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park. Two contemporary cedar buildings, set against a backdrop of ancient rainforest, boast an extensive local art collection (complemented by the neighbouring wood carving shed), and all rooms and suites offer ocean or beach views, gas fireplace, soaker tub and individual balcony. Uncompromising service, including a Clefs d’Or Concierge team, is a standard. The sole resort on Chesterman Beach, Tofino’s longest at 2.5km/1.5mi, the Inn is home to refined West Coast cuisine at The Pointe Restaurant and naturally-inspired treatments at its intimate Ancient Cedars Spa. Tofino’s McDiarmid family welcomes you to this locally owned, world renowned sanctuary offering Rustic Elegance on Nature’s Edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, World Independent Hotel Promotion, MrandMrsSmith, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wickaninnish Inn and The Pointe Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Hotel Tofino
- The Wickaninnish Hotel And Pointe
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Tofino, Canada - Vancouver Island