We live locally and had an opportunity for a one night staycation when family were visiting and able to watch our pre-schooler. The Wickaninnish Inn is just down the road but from the moment we arrive we felt a world away. We had a spa treatment booked for 4:00 and wanted to use the steam room in advance. We were aware check in time is 4:00, but staff welcomed and accommodated us when we arrived at noon for brunch. Our bags were taken care of and during lunch someone from the front desk found us in the dining room to inform us they could check us in earlier than 4. After an amazing (see my food notes at end), we found a crib board in the library and went down to the Driftwood Café for a game and glass of wine. Again, a staff member found us around 2:30 to inform us that our bags were in our room waiting for us and we could make our way there at our leisure. We stayed in the Point building, our room was on the north side on the second floor - very private, quiet and wonderful view overlooking the cove. We had not been in the rooms since the renovations and we appreciate the improvements - we love that the shower/tub still opens into the room for the view but it now is glassed in (spotlessly I must add) for privacy. The steam room and couples massage was perfect - and at this point we felt like we had been away for much longer than a few hours.
Regarding the food - outstanding. I had the duck confit eggs benny at brunch and I am still thinking about it - amazing. Dinner was excellent. We each had six items from the chefs eight item tasting menu and switched it up so between the two of us tried everything. Everything was wonderfully prepared, seasoned and portioned. We left the meal extremely happy and satisfied. Our getaway ended with a relaxing and delicious breakfast the next morning.
I must add the every single staff person we encountered was friendly and sincere. We are so fortunate to have such a world class Inn in our beautiful back yard, and we cant wait to book our next get away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wickaninnish Inn, a Relais & Chateaux property since 1997, overlooks the Pacific Ocean from a rocky point on Vancouver Island’s rugged west coast, near the eclectic town of Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park. Two contemporary cedar buildings, set against a backdrop of ancient rainforest, boast an extensive local art collection (complemented by the neighbouring wood carving shed), and all rooms and suites offer ocean or beach views, gas fireplace, soaker tub and individual balcony. Uncompromising service, including a Clefs d’Or Concierge team, is a standard. The sole resort on Chesterman Beach, Tofino’s longest at 2.5km/1.5mi, the Inn is home to refined West Coast cuisine at The Pointe Restaurant and naturally-inspired treatments at its intimate Ancient Cedars Spa. Tofino’s McDiarmid family welcomes you to this locally owned, world renowned sanctuary offering Rustic Elegance on Nature’s Edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., World Independent Hotel Promotion and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wickaninnish Inn and The Pointe Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Hotel Tofino
- The Wickaninnish Hotel And Pointe
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Tofino, Canada - Vancouver Island