This place is WORTH every penny. I have been lucky enough to go to Tofino several times, and this JUNE, i spent 3 nights at the Wick with my mother. It was superb. Upon arrival, we were immediately relaxed. The property is AWESOME. Rooms Superb and arguably the best place on EARTH to totally relax. Bikes are avaiable to cruise into town, and you can just walk out onto the beach. The hallways smell of ancient cedar, the spa is great and the coffee bar is the most stunning cedar stump I ever did see.
I could compare it only to the feeling like walking into a four seasons. Rooms include great views, soaker tubs, spa toiletries, fire places, patio's and hudson bay blankets. There is a library where you can read a book, leave a book, as well as DVD's if you want to watch films.
I CAN'T WAIT to comeback!
We dined in both outlets, both excellent. The main restaurant food is top notch, service was great, but it is a "little up tight" compared to the rest of the property.
The spa is great. The steamroom cave is small but really clean and equipped with a steam shower. All the staff of the Spa were fabulous, but a big shout out to ROBERT, Massage Therapist, who is excellent. Not only is he really professional, he has magic hands. He started the hot stone massage with a warm foot soak overlooking paradise outside. What a treatment. My limbs still feel like mush thinking about it!
If you are thinking about where to stay. JUST DO IT. Find a way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wickaninnish Inn, a Relais & Chateaux property since 1997, overlooks the Pacific Ocean from a rocky point on Vancouver Island’s rugged west coast, near the eclectic town of Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park. Two contemporary cedar buildings, set against a backdrop of ancient rainforest, boast an extensive local art collection (complemented by the neighbouring wood carving shed), and all rooms and suites offer ocean or beach views, gas fireplace, soaker tub and individual balcony. Uncompromising service, including a Clefs d’Or Concierge team, is a standard. The sole resort on Chesterman Beach, Tofino’s longest at 2.5km/1.5mi, the Inn is home to refined West Coast cuisine at The Pointe Restaurant and naturally-inspired treatments at its intimate Ancient Cedars Spa. Tofino’s McDiarmid family welcomes you to this locally owned, world renowned sanctuary offering Rustic Elegance on Nature’s Edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wickaninnish Inn and The Pointe Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Hotel Tofino
- The Wickaninnish Hotel And Pointe
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Tofino, Canada - Vancouver Island