We have stayed for six nights at the Wick and really loved the location, the room - especially the view from our room!
Beware that some rooms in the beach building have really a quite obstructed view of the ocean - you see more trees than beach or ocean. Luckily we've stayed in the old/main buildign.
The complete staff was very, very friendly and helpful - especially Noriko the Concierge! We loved every minute there and sure will be back.
Only thing we would encourage them to change is the flexibility of the kitchen team. We have asked for a slight change in food - and it was not possible. We also had the impression that the food (especially dinner) is not always on a very high standard. We had Halibut twice - first time it was just delicious, second time totally boring and uninspired, not to say: totally below standard. We had this experience a couple of times and I must say: there are better restaurants (especially worth the money!) around.
Also there was no "special of the day" or something of that nature - and also a quite small selection of main courses - they need to work on that!
Other than that, I would really recommend the Wick - it is terribly expensive, but I would say worth the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wickaninnish Inn, a Relais & Chateaux property since 1997, overlooks the Pacific Ocean from a rocky point on Vancouver Island’s rugged west coast, near the eclectic town of Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park. Two contemporary cedar buildings, set against a backdrop of ancient rainforest, boast an extensive local art collection (complemented by the neighbouring wood carving shed), and all rooms and suites offer ocean or beach views, gas fireplace, soaker tub and individual balcony. Uncompromising service, including a Clefs d’Or Concierge team, is a standard. The sole resort on Chesterman Beach, Tofino’s longest at 2.5km/1.5mi, the Inn is home to refined West Coast cuisine at The Pointe Restaurant and naturally-inspired treatments at its intimate Ancient Cedars Spa. Tofino’s McDiarmid family welcomes you to this locally owned, world renowned sanctuary offering Rustic Elegance on Nature’s Edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Wickaninnish Inn and The Pointe Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Hotel Tofino
- The Wickaninnish Hotel And Pointe
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Tofino, Canada - Vancouver Island