“Cleanline Sportfishing. Two years in row & booked for next year too”

Cleanline Sportfishing Charters
Ranked #3 of 51 Tours in Tofino
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tofino's premium sportfishing specialist offers fully guided and outfitted saltwater and freshwater fishing charters. Targeting salmon, halibut, trout and steelhead, our luxury Tofino fishing charters combine local knowledge and a passion for the sport with attention to comfort and safety of our clients. All vessels and guides are Transport Canada Certified and all top of the line fishing tackle and premium bait provided. Experience charter fishing in Tofino at it's finest, experience the difference!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Making a selection for a fishing guide in Tofino, is a challenge even after reading the Trip Advisor's reports. There is seldom a poor report among these highly competitive tour operators. Subsequently who do you choose? Two years ago I made a random selection of Blake at Cleanline Sportsfishing. This year I went out on 2 mornings with Blake. And I enjoyed same result, a nice haul of salmon and halibut. Maybe I could have done just as well with some other tour operator. But with the haul made in both years I've little reason not to return to Cleanline Sportsfishing.
Blake is a consummate gentleman, a congenial fellow interested in your trip's enjoyment. I found Blake genuinely enjoying the stories of his customer's past & current travels It was never about "Blake". Blake is a very good Captain of his boat, always looking out for your safety.
My hope is, as you ply your way through reports on all the fishing guides in Tofino - you won't be left making a random selection. I am already booked for 2015.

Chuck S.

"local wildlife"
"highlight of our trip"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Blake is a class act. Our family recently vacationed in Tofino and were referred to him by locals.

Blake didn't have any morning openings but did have an afternoon slot open (book as early as possible as he is in high demand for good reason). We were impressed with his professional demeanor and relaxed attitude. He was focused on fulfilling our expectations and did a great job describing our options. We were blessed with beautiful weather so we chose to take to the open water and try our hand at salmon. While the bite happened to be slow that day Blake did his level best and worked hard to put us on the fish. We got hooked up with a double and our boys landed both of them after Blake showed them how to do the "West Coast Two Step"! He also hooked me up with great fight that put up a battle which I ended up on the losing end of.

As others have noted in reviews he had our boys pull one of his crab traps which really put a fun finishing touch on the day.

Topped the day off with Blake cutting a slab of salmon off before turning our catch in for packaging. That along with a couple crab made for an awesome feast on the grill back at our cabin that night.

Equipment and boat is in first class condition.

Thank you Blake for a great day on the water.

I would highly recommend choosing Cleanline Sport Fishing Charters and will book with him again if we make it back to the area again.

We made memories that will live forever.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Hey Blake,

Visiting from Vancouver with golf clubs and surfboard in hand i didn't expect fishing would be the ultimate hands down highlight of my weekend.

It was my first time out deep sea fishing and we hauled in nearly 70 pounds of fish. My freezer is full of halibut, salmon and snapper. I love to cook and having fish that i caught means a great deal to me.

Blake was spot on with experience and choosing the right locations to fit our needs for the fish we wanted.

Thanks so much for making my first deep sea fishing experience one to remember.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

The first time we fished with Blake was on our 25th wedding anniversary. Booked a week at the Wikinninish Inn and started to explore Tofino. Cleanline Fishing came up as a top attraction, so we booked a day with Blake. Talk about exciting, we landed salmon after salmon, in a top notch boat. It was so much fun, we booked another day. Now, we travel to Tofino every year and fish with Cleanline every time, and always for two days, because one isn't enough. Tuna and halibut one day, Chinook the next. The fish processor is right at the dock, and those guys are good and fast! Looking forward to this year's trip in August again. Blake is a pro, highly respected by all. And fishing with him is first class in every possible way.

1  Thank StuDad58
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We visited Tofino from Dubai and booked a full day out with Cleanline and loved every minute of it. Blake and his team took excellent care of us and seemed to know exactly where to go to make for a profitable and action packed experience. Not only did we reel in a great catch, but Blake made sure we were able to experience a lot of the natural wildlife from this beautiful part of the world including a school or orcas, bald headed eagles and sea lions. Our day out fishing was probably the highlight of our whole trip and we managed to reel in five 15 pounders which Blake helped us arrange to have cleaned and shipped home for us. We will definitely be back next year. Thanks, Blake!

1  Thank darcyadam