“Phantastic experience. Very competent and kindly instructor”

Pacific Surf School
Ranked #4 of 50 Tours in Tofino
More attraction details
Owner description: Here at Pacific Surf School, we’ll have you riding the waves faster than you ever imagined! Voted #1 Surf School in Tofino, & Top 10 Surf Schools in the World (National Geographic, 2012); where else would you want to learn? We make it easy (and fun!) with group lessons, family lessons and private lessons all year long - and for all ages and skill levels. Pacific Surf School has been loving and teaching surfing on Tofino’s legendary beaches since 1998.
“Phantastic experience. Very competent and kindly instructor”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

It was an phantastic experience. The teacher (Alistair) was an very competent instructor, always very kind and helpful. I felt very good prepared when I started the phantastic surf session on the chesterman beach.

Visited September 2013

Toronto
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome day with Pacific Surf School”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My gf and I had a 3 hour lesson with Hannah at Pacific Surf School and we are now both hooked.

Hannah was a great instructor - very personable, knowledgeable and a lot of fun.

The instruction was also well thought out with 20-30 minutes on shore going over the basics - with very clear explanations - and then the rest of the time in the water.

In no time, we were able to get up and had a lot of fun (clumsily) getting the feel for surfing.

It was also really nice having the gear delivered to the beach for us.

We are now looking for our next opportunity to surf and next time we're in Tofino, we'll head out with PSS.

Visited September 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Pacific Surf School - Awesome”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My friend and I took our first ever surf lesson with Pacific Surf School in late June 2013. With three instructors (Milen, Ali and Troy) for the entire group, there was lots of personalized attention. The teachers were very engaged and had helpful tips. Ali helped me get up on my first try and I believe the whole group had a lot of success. It was an absolutely fantastic experience and I will book lessons with them again the next time I am in Tofino. I felt safe and confident the entire time and would heartily recommend them to anyone looking for surf lessons.

Visited June 2013
Kelowna, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Surfing-family lesson”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Pacific surf school staff were friendly and made our first surfing experience fantastic. We had a family lesson and all 4 of us enjoyed the instruction and the gear being brought to the beach for us. We would have liked to see the instructor surfing rather than just standing in the water.

Visited August 2013
Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unreal!!”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

PSS is the best! My friend and I tried a group lesson for our first time surfing and had a blast! Our instructors Milen, Allan, and Liam were fantastic! Their talent and knowledge in the water and as teachers was obvious, and made for an excellent experience! They did everything they could to make sure everyone learned a lot, stayed safe, and had a great time doing it. The price was fair and more than worth it. The in-store staff were friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful in all matters related to surfing and Tofino in general. I highly recommend PSS, and will be sure to stop by next time I'm in Tofino!

Visited August 2013